Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Hustle Plays

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Hustle Plays within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Hustle Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
yep - that's what I noticed. On fast breaks, the players don't look like they're really sprinting at full speed - they're kind of just jogging casually - EA needs to add another level of running speed for fast breaks only - i want to see guys really sprinting to the hoop and running as hard as they can.
Yeah, I agree. they are passively swaying their arms. Its not really the level of speed. I think it has to do with the animation. If a player wants to run for a fast break, he should look more urgent. Its all about authenticity. It seemed like it was a scrimmage. lol Kinda bummy for me as I was looking to buy a basketball game, and this was definitely looking better than its competitor until I saw that video.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt tho. Demo is not out and its not a final product. But I hope they fix that.

Also with the hoop. It doesn't look too rich. the graphic and animation still need to be fixed.

I can't wait for the demo though
Old 08-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #194
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
keep in mind you saw Kidd and Fisher...not exactly burners (although they did get seperation from big men).

Try the same with DWADE, LeBron, Kobe, CP, D-will...different kind of speed my man.
Wow that's great news if they have their own animations for sprinting w/ ball.

Or is it just a difference in speed only like in Live 09?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #195
Rookie

OVR: 14
This game is pretty to look at. The thing that catches the eye the most is the OUTSTANDING lightning. The arenas feel very distinct because of it.

On the Mike Wang trailer we could even see the "foggy" effect that resides inside the TD Banknorth Garden. In this latest trailer, during the Nash play, we have a beautiful shot of the US Airways Center upper level, full of details.

Marcus, I hope the AT&T Center has been re-modeled. In Live 09 it had the same roof as the the Pepsi Center and the tunnels were in the wrong place (in real life they are behind both backboards).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 11:31 PM   #196
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Wow that's great news if they have their own animations for sprinting w/ ball.

Or is it just a difference in speed only like in Live 09?
I hope the first sentence is true lol.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #197
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
keep in mind you saw Kidd and Fisher...not exactly burners (although they did get seperation from big men).

Try the same with DWADE, LeBron, Kobe, CP, D-will...different kind of speed my man.
That's always one thing that bothered me also. It just seems they really don't know they're on a fast break. I'm sure the speeds will be different but their running approach to get ahead is lacking. If I get a steal and there's daylight, I'm off to the races and I'm going to attack the basket hard and aggressively, especially with someone chasing me down. Fishers layup would be blocked if I was that close to him and he put it up that weak.

Live, use that good foot planting. We need to see a more aggressive push-off transition into a sprint. Like my high school coach use to say "stop *****footing, act like you wanna get there".
Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #198
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH72601
That's always one thing that bothered me also. It just seems they really don't know they're on a fast break. I'm sure the speeds will be different but their running approach to get ahead is lacking. If I get a steal and there's daylight, I'm off to the races and I'm going to attack the basket hard and aggressively, especially with someone chasing me down. Fishers layup would be blocked if I was that close to him and he put it up that weak.

Live, use that good foot planting. We need to see a more aggressive push-off transition into a sprint. Like my high school coach use to say "stop *****footing, act like you wanna get there".
Amen to this!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #199
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

Yeah so do I yungflo it would be just like last year if it wasn't.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #200
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
... dude.

How long have you been watching the NBA? Josh Smith was gettin chasedown blocks while LeBron was in high school.
What are talking about? lebron was drafted in '03 and Josh Smith wasn't drafted until '04 ...and sorry for bringing this back up, but i just couldn't let it slide.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253

Last edited by RayDog253; 08-11-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »