Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Hustle Plays

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Hustle Plays within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #233
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: New NBA live 10 video coming today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod1924
but why come in say negative things about the game, you do realize that there are people that prefer live over 2k right?

if your gonna come in and say bad things you should atleast give it a chance, and if you still dont like it there is no need to come to the live section just to complain about it
OK someone just said that the fastbreak was robotic..nobody gave him some lecture about that but whatever. I'm gonna continue to say what i feel.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #234
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

Wow, I'm going to repost my questions. Since the last 3 pages have been nothing but bickering. I hope that's okay.

Quote:
As others have said, the lighting and benches look amazing. I love the fact that you can now be rewarded with smart plays and utilize player strengths to take advantage of a average ball-handler. As far as the comments about the robotic feel to the players, I think it's dramatically improved from previous years, if I had any gripe about the animations - it's that the point where the player reaches down to pick up the loose ball is abnormally too fast. Takes away from the clean animation, IMO. Overall though great stuff EA.

Marcus (or other EA devs) I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) I understand this video was to show the hustle plays, but every single time there was a steal/loose ball the defender got the possession. Will this be an issue?

2) Many of the steal animations are actually reach-in fouls (especially the ones going across the ball handlers body) - that would likely be called a foul, are there occasions where neither player retains possession of a loose ball animation and a foul is called?

3) It sounds like the old rim/net sound effects are still being used in this video, is that right? Is there in fact new sounds like was mentioned in a previous thread?

4) What percent is this build at, if you had to put a number on it?
Old 08-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #235
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Hustle Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
I hate to be so negative, but please go away, if your going to 2k up the forum with non-sense.

Unnecessary crap!

Live is back and yah! if the competition has done this and that. Thing is if it was done correctly and to perfection. It wouldn't be need in other games.

These guys have real time footplanting, DNA technology and other features that the competition has yet to get. So please no fanboy crap here.

So a 2K fan is not aloud to give their impressions of an NBA Live video in the Live forum? How is an opinion that differs from yours "unecessary crap!".

Who's really being a fanboy here? Grow up.

It annoys me when people say stupid things like "live is back!" How do you know, have you played Live 10 yet? Don't make narrow-minded statements about how good/bad a game is until you've played it.

You're going to love this; I wasn't too impressed by that video. The lighting looked great and so do the arenas but again Live's player models look goofy, hunched over and cartoonish - different from that impressive screenshot with Lewis, Carter and Nelson. That fast break by Fisher looked more like a jog than a sprint, also that Boozer dunk didn't look that impressive IMO. The net animations definately need work still. I'm hoping this game plays well but some work needs to be done on the player movement and running animations.

Let's not resort to attacking people for not being as impressed as others here. It's called an impression, agree to disagree and move on. If some people love it, great. If others don't, great, they're entitled to that opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #236
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocafella83
You cant say anything bad about NBA Live on this site, it's like in the 10 commandments or something...You literally get cursed.
this sentence is the reason why people dislike you and call you a 2k fanboy
Old 08-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #237
Pro

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Hustle Plays

***clears throat***
So how about that new Live video that was put up?

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 08-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #238
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

no need to keep this open

all of you guys in here arguing company arguments killed the thread
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »