Home

2K Sports Announces NBA 2K10: Draft Combine (Yahoo! Finance)

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K10: Draft Combine (Yahoo! Finance) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #265
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K10: Draft Combine (Yahoo! Finance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
This is a thread about Draft Combine, we're all expressing our distaste for paying $5 and citing reasons. That's the point of OS sports and forums...

Some people don't mind paying $5 that's fine, but this is our opinions on the matter.
Well, each are entitled to their opinions. I truly do hope that this new feature isn't a gimmick but we'll have to wait and see.
MLB: New York Yankees
SOCCER: Real Madrid/ Man United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 12:02 AM   #266
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
This is a thread about Draft Combine, we're all expressing our distaste for paying $5 and citing reasons. That's the point of OS sports and forums...

Some people don't mind paying $5 that's fine, but this is our opinions on the matter.
But you have jumped to the conclusion that this DLC is representation of the final product, which after reading the article didn't mention that it was either. I'm not trying to start trouble, I just want to understand how you can draw so many opinions from 20 screenshots.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:05 AM   #267
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekmen
The Career Mode could be like this:

You get drafted after the announced workout sessions and ratings. Afterwards you sign the contract and get your role. You have to participate in the summer league and the training camp afterwards. You can gain rating points in every-day-practice. Like running suicides to gain stamina and quickness, or run the plays to get court-awareness and intelligence.

By performing good in practice the coach will give you more playing time, if you don't do well in practice you will get less.

When the game starts you could either interact on the bench for your teammates or it should simulate till you get the chance to perform on-court. And how you will act on the court will either improve your playing time or shrink it.

Performing good things like rebound, assist, score, ... should give you points which will lead to an upgrade of your ratings in those categories.

What do you think about it. That is just some ideas I came up with in the last minutes.
Definitely not new ideas. Look at the wishlist, I remember posting a pretty long post on the ideas I had for a "Superstar Mode" and also emailed 2k with an even more detailed version. Finally coming true.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:06 AM   #268
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
i just don't like the fact that they are charging extra for this, while the game is already overpriced. i never said 2k wasn't good , just overpriced.
They like EA are in it to make money and $60 is the amount that a game can go for. The days of a game going for $20 are gone. If you want to buy it cheaper buy it used or wait for the price drop if you feel like the price is not worth it.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:11 AM   #269
Banned

OVR: 22
True but as the consumers, you and I and other's are the main sources of their income, they will push whatever limit we allow them to push. Certain things you just shouldn't have to pay for this should be incentive to pre order.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:12 AM   #270
Pro

OVR: 10

Just to speak my peace. Last comment. That's what being enlightened is all about authentic24. Idk at what level you are with it, but me personally. I'm disgusted with 2k's efforts. They could have took us to the moon by now but they are being complacent which will get them whatever is coming to them. I predict the backburner, once the rest realize what could have been. Some people lack vision so they too are complacent and happy. 2k9 was a wonderful game, cool. But for Ps3 and Xbox 360 so much more could be done, and until that special company shows the masses only the ones who have foresight are going to be bitter about what most think is perfect. In other words if you think the lack of online stabilty and features was the only thing wrong with 2k9 compared to 2k8 and the giant known as 2k7. Then I rather not even speak, only wasting letters on here.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 AM   #271
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

There's some seriously flawed logic in a lot of the posts in this thread, but for the sake on staying on topic, let's leave it at that.

Quote:
Certain things you just shouldn't have to pay for this should be incentive to pre order.
So don't. People, you are not forced to buy this. It really is that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 12:17 AM   #272
Rookie

Quote:
True but as the consumers, you and I and other's are the main sources of their income, they will push whatever limit we allow them to push. Certain things you just shouldn't have to pay for this should be incentive to pre order.
But then it begs the question what company will be able to get the pre-order code? I buy all my games at a Play-N-Trade the next town over and no one ever pre-orders there so I don't have to pre-order. If they were to make it an incentive make it an incentive to buy period, I think that would be a suitable thing to do, no?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »