Home

2K Sports Announces NBA 2K10: Draft Combine (Yahoo! Finance)

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K10: Draft Combine (Yahoo! Finance) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #249
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K10: Draft Combine (Yahoo! Finance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
The problem that i hve with 2k is the fact that they ported up and refuse to upgrade that engine. which means that the game should not cost 59.99. it should be much cheaper because as i imagine it doesn't take the man hours to program for such a engine that is so old. With that said we the consumer should take notice of what's going on and stop praising them since the game has gotten worse after 2k7. This gimmick that they are shoving at people for 5 dollars is the same game rehashed over and over again. in training camp you are going to run some drills play 5 on 5 street ball. isn't that in 2k9 2k8 2k7. i mean come on are you seriously about to give them more money for this? this sounds and looks like how EA used to be, i guess because at the end of the day it's all about the money but nobody sees that part.
I respect your opinion but I think you need to read this <<<-----------Click and READ. It will greatly enlighten you before you go ahead and talk about things that you may or may not understand completely.

Get INFORMED OS!!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #250
Rookie

OVR: 7

This really makes me wish that they kept College Hoops, how cool would it be to go from college to combine to the league? I am a big career mode guy which is why I love the Show, I am able to do the career mode and have fun in franchise mode as well.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #251
Banned

OVR: 22
I'm enrolled at full sail i don't need to get informed. i'm in game dev and design that engine they are using is outdated and they overcharge as if it's a next gen engine when it's not. you get informed. then on top of overcharging they are adding more little side things to charge for. the reason the next gen games are high in cost is due the overhead cost, now in comparison with EA why do you think they have some trouble with hurry up animations or the rocket catches in madden so on and so forth because next gen engines are more difficult to program for on consoles. im just saying for them to be still charging 60 bucks for this game with a additional 5 bucks for the dlc they are getting overpayed because they don't put in the man hours that other companies put in to make there games play good on way more advanced engines that cost more to program for. don't tell me to get informed when you don't read what i am talking about. im not downing the game 2k has been the best option for bball but the truth is they overcharge for this game. NBA 2k9 should not cost the same as gears of war. it should not cost the same as mlb the show 09. it should not cost the same as any truly next gen game period it's inferior to even live, and not even because of the engine but because of the dna 365 these are next gen feats that 2k doesn't have. show me bang for my buck and i'll gladly shell out 60 bucks plus the 5. but as of now 2k isn't worth that much money when you break it down. sorry
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #252
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Nothing that you said screams "game developer".

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 PM   #253
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Yahoo Finance? Article on NBA 2k10 Draft Combine

Not interested.

All those sig options are great tho.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #254
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Nothing that you said screams "game developer".
lol yep its that time of year where they just come out of the woodwork

i know this more than you do!! nyaa nyaa

baaaww same engine baaawww
Old 07-30-2009, 11:28 PM   #255
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
I'm enrolled at full sail i don't need to get informed. i'm in game dev and design that engine they are using is outdated and they overcharge as if it's a next gen engine when it's not. you get informed. then on top of overcharging they are adding more little side things to charge for. the reason the next gen games are high in cost is due the overhead cost, now in comparison with EA why do you think they have some trouble with hurry up animations or the rocket catches in madden so on and so forth because next gen engines are more difficult to program for on consoles. im just saying for them to be still charging 60 bucks for this game with a additional 5 bucks for the dlc they are getting overpayed because they don't put in the man hours that other companies put in to make there games play good on way more advanced engines that cost more to program for. don't tell me to get informed when you don't read what i am talking about. im not downing the game 2k has been the best option for bball but the truth is they overcharge for this game. NBA 2k9 should not cost the same as gears of war. it should not cost the same as mlb the show 09. it should not cost the same as any truly next gen game period it's inferior to even live, and not even because of the engine but because of the dna 365 these are next gen feats that 2k doesn't have. show me bang for my buck and i'll gladly shell out 60 bucks plus the 5. but as of now 2k isn't worth that much money when you break it down. sorry

Very well said. I think a lot of 2K gamers were upset by what 2K8 and 2K9 was and that the only stride was 2K7. The graphics engine has been ported.(Mike Wang confirmed) The other types of engines may or may not have been ported.

To back me up:

This is an NBA 2K5 picture. It seems other than the lighting the models look the same as next-gen. Less detail but in a sense you can believe it was ported.

So with that being said, we believe we've been over paying the last few years and the $5 DLC adds insult to injury. NBA 2K10 has to have something spectacular to make current fans and new fans buy the game.

Otherwise it may be another year of the same game with just added animations etc..

Last edited by michaeljordanjr; 07-30-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #256
Banned

OVR: 22
i never said i know more than anyone else, but the point is if a game dev makes a 360 game that looks like a ps1 game and tell you it's next gen would you pay 60 bucks for it just cause they tell you it's next gen?

same thing here your paying more money for a game cuz they add light to an already inferior engine to make it look hd. lmao at the clowns.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »