Home

Who Is To Blame for Sports Gamers Being so Picky?

This is a discussion on Who Is To Blame for Sports Gamers Being so Picky? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Who Is To Blame for Sports Gamers Being so Picky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
There fixed.
Haha thanks.

And yes Bones Jackson was awesome :-D
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 12:50 AM   #42
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
The games I remember changing the sports gaming landscape for me when I was a kid were Tecmo Bowl, Earl Weaver Baseball. and Lakers vs. Celtics. Everything could be found in those titles, fun, realism, stats and season modes, etc. Comparing what I recall from Earl Weaver Baseball to what the options we have today, one can easily come to the conclusion, as good as games like MVP and The Show have been, that the main progress that has been made in those past 20 years or so have been in the looks and details departments. Or maybe I remember those games as better than they actually were...I don't think so though, we had classic games that back in the day were every bit as good, and actually probably more impressive at the time, than what we have now.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 15
Well Lakers vs. Celtics lacked realism do you remember going to certain spots on the court for signature moves but Earl Weaver I almost for got great game and the stat tracking was good for it's day good 1.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:56 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 23
I dunno, you could rack up a ton of sacks in Super Tecmo bowl. But it was simple and glitch free. I still have an NES to this day for that game only. I played it while waiting on the midnight release for NCAA.

As far as EA goes, im not sure what they are trying to promote the hardest. The NCAA graphics aren the best, niether is gameplay. I think they want everyone to know about Season Showdown, to them its the best thing since sliced bread. Meanwhile, all the features that the community likes are screwed up in some way.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 55
Authenticity - can't argue too much. I do think All-Pro Football 2k8 feels authentic in its representation of t he game of football. The little things add up to a monumental difference. This could also qualify in gameplay.

Fun - Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES takes the cake for me. This game is fun. Simple as that. I never get sick of it.

Personally I think more developers should treat dynasty modes more like RPG's. I want abilities over numbers - and random events for me to overcome that emulate real life. Can't tell you how many times I've pandered for abilities over numbers. 2k has it right here.

Just throwing my opinions out there. I don't post enough on OS anymore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2
The cost of games and the hype marketing of promise to be better than last year that surround game launches is why we can and should be picky. For example. ncaa, madden, nba 2k, mwf2, halo is going to cost 370 dollars! that is a lot of money, period, and if we are going to pay that much we should get worth.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 15
Thats a great point like the saying goes you pay for what you get and at 60$ a pop plus tax lol these games have to be good cause if you trade them in you get 25 back yeah thats fair. So if we are gonna pay this much we have the right to expect MUCH!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 16
I would have paid 2ksports $60 bucks just for a roster update for NBA2k8 instead of giving away $60 bucks for 2k9 which I barely played because it was so terrible.

Since I paid my $60 was a waste I do have the right to bitch.

I also will exercise my right to rent any game I'm thinking of buying.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »