Home

Who Is To Blame for Sports Gamers Being so Picky?

This is a discussion on Who Is To Blame for Sports Gamers Being so Picky? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 23
Sports gamers are not picky. They want whats expected. They pay 650 dollars for a system and want a great looking game. Cough......EA ......Cough can even make a game that has all its features working, Nor do they do what they say. Gltiches, roster failure, and game freezing while inputting stadium sounds??? Sports gamers want what they pay. This article is stupid and should be closed now. Did Adam Thompson write this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 01:59 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Who Is To Blame for Sports Gamers Being so Picky?

Gaming companies. I know when i really started to notice it was after the EA NFL deal. You go from playing NFL2k5 while it had its issues, you could see the monster potential football gaming was going to have, then after that, you had to play Madden and you were like wtf? Seriously, i have to go play a game thats years behind what i was playing on a game system thats techinically inferior.

Thats when i started to notice it.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:28 AM   #27
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
It's called capitalism folks. Just wait, several years from now when all of our favorite sports games finally have all of our favorite features and such, the next line of consoles will arrive. Then it's back to square one!

I think alot are misunderstanding what is being asked though. He is basically saying, that we as gamers(sports gamers), have gone from really not giving a rats with games like Techmo Super Bowl, to being borderline overly critical with current sports titles.

Apparently, most seem to think that it's because we are paying customers. Meaning that since our parents no longer buy our games, it means alot more to us. Now don't you feel bad for breaking all those toys your mom bought you? Anyways, I agree with this when it comes to getting a game relativly bug free and such. However, I feel the pickiness honestly goes WAY BEYOND all that. I mean the way alot of people disect animations, pictures, rosters, and attributes seems a bit obsessive to me. Given that sports developers only have a one year development cycle and are expected to fix this and fix that, add this and add that; it seems to me that sports gamers will never be happy.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:13 AM   #28
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I think it's a cop out to blame the consumer...we're always going to want the best and most for our money whether it's a new house, a new car, a movie, a video game, etc.

I think the reason our expectations are so high is because we know that it can be done. I own a 360 and play MLB 2K9, yet I see The Show and see all of these things that are done better, so it becomes a bit frustrating to think that I'm basically paying the same price for a whole lot less. But every year, I expect and hope that 2K will shine and step it up to that next level. I expect it because I know it can be done and I'm paying the same price as others who are gettting the game that is getting it done.

Also, I go back 20 years to Baseball Btars, which had create a team, etc...and wonder why 20 years later, my game doesn't have that.

As others have said as well, the companies market the games as if they are perfect replica's of the sport when they miss major aspects of the sport.

Finally, there is no law that says a game has to come out every year, forcing them to rush through a development cycle, which means a released game filled with bugs. That is there choice. Most would b pleased with a quality title every other year and roster update in between.

My point exactly^^
Old 07-24-2009, 05:15 AM   #29
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Sports gamers are not picky. They want whats expected. They pay 650 dollars for a system and want a great looking game. Cough......EA ......Cough can even make a game that has all its features working, Nor do they do what they say. Gltiches, roster failure, and game freezing while inputting stadium sounds??? Sports gamers want what they pay. This article is stupid and should be closed now. Did Adam Thompson write this?

No but Thompson knows the guy that did.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #30
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
great man. i do remember nhlpa for the genesis and as a matter of fact, i still have that game. i'm about to play it to compare man.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #31
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

i've been dissapointed by every sports game i've played this gen with the exception of UFC and to a lesser extent APF.

that's not my fault - sports games are being steam rolled by much better games in other genres.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

APF was horrible.

NHL 09 I thought was a great game minus the flaws online.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »