Home

Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

This is a discussion on Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #369
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

^ LOL Why do you assume he would play a human the same way he plays the CPU?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #370
Rookie

OVR: 4

Why is it so sacriligous and "not sim' to play off the ball defence with your bigs/corner player to protect the paint. In the NBA almost every team leads/shades periemeter players(especially the top level guys) into help defence along the baseline, and its clear that the CPU has not been programmed to do so, so why is it against the 'sim laws' to do it by yourself if you know its pretty much the only way to cut off PITP? You can say ohhh only the skilled players play on ball defence all game every play but thats complete BS. Theres so many ways to exploit people who do play on ball because of all of the crazy animations(especially the layup one) that there really isnt any point of playing it all game long unless you want to lose and give up 90% PITP to the other team.

Now if the CPU was programmed to rotate properly and there was some resemblance of a defensive playbook where you could have the CPU zoning one side like many teams do in the NBA THEN I think itd be a lot funner and easier to play on ball all game and not feel cheated when the offensive player just basically barrels into you until they get to the rim(another huge problem with the game, but I wont get into that).

Pretty much the only time you can play on ball D and not get crushed right now and BSed is playing an actual sim player who actually knows how to play the game of basketball, and thats really like 2% of the 2K population.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:46 PM   #371
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92
Why is it so sacriligous and "not sim' to play off the ball defence with your bigs/corner player to protect the paint. In the NBA almost every team leads/shades periemeter players(especially the top level guys) into help defence along the baseline, and its clear that the CPU has not been programmed to do so, so why is it against the 'sim laws' to do it by yourself if you know its pretty much the only way to cut off PITP? You can say ohhh only the skilled players play on ball defence all game every play but thats complete BS. Theres so many ways to exploit people who do play on ball because of all of the crazy animations(especially the layup one) that there really isnt any point of playing it all game long unless you want to lose and give up 90% PITP to the other team.

Now if the CPU was programmed to rotate properly and there was some resemblance of a defensive playbook where you could have the CPU zoning one side like many teams do in the NBA THEN I think itd be a lot funner and easier to play on ball all game and not feel cheated when the offensive player just basically barrels into you until they get to the rim(another huge problem with the game, but I wont get into that).
Thank you, excellent post. I love these cats with their sacred 'sim laws'. I didn't program this ****, I'm adjusting to how the CPU plays. I got tired of pinpoint passing by the CPU, and players I'm not controlling look clueless on defense and giving up easy layups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #372
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree with guy above. I'm done this year too.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:11 AM   #373
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
Thank you, excellent post. I love these cats with their sacred 'sim laws'. I didn't program this ****, I'm adjusting to how the CPU plays. I got tired of pinpoint passing by the CPU, and players I'm not controlling look clueless on defense and giving up easy layups.
I agree with this.........People bitching about off ball defense need to get a clue and stop whining..........If you wanna play good D in this game, you need to make up for the Ai's weaknesses.....Period........Unless you enjoy losing and I don't particularly have fun losing just because I'm trying to play so damn sim...........Guard me on the ball and taking you to hole everytime with very little isomotion.......just some stick skills.......
Old 04-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #374
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92

Pretty much the only time you can play on ball D and not get crushed right now and BSed is playing an actual sim player who actually knows how to play the game of basketball, and thats really like 2% of the 2K population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
I agree with this.........People bitching about off ball defense need to get a clue and stop whining..........If you wanna play good D in this game, you need to make up for the Ai's weaknesses.....Period........Unless you enjoy losing and I don't particularly have fun losing just because I'm trying to play so damn sim...........Guard me on the ball and taking you to hole everytime with very little isomotion.......just some stick skills.......
i agree with both of you. dont listen to these ignorant people man. nothing wrong with playing off-ball D. as long as you are not running around trying to steal the ball it is fine.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 04-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #375
Older

luv_mist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
i agree with both of you. dont listen to these ignorant people man. nothing wrong with playing off-ball D. as long as you are not running around trying to steal the ball it is fine.
I think that's what the problem is when people hear about a user playing off-ball defense. Usually, it's someone who's running around blocking 3 point shots, and trying to still everything. I try to play off ball only against the computer because there are some amazing things that seem to happen when I'm not. I hate getting posterized in my house.....literally. Nothing more depressing than getting teabagged by the A.I. because they're cheating.......LOL!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 04:43 AM   #376
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
I think that's what the problem is when people hear about a user playing off-ball defense. Usually, it's someone who's running around blocking 3 point shots, and trying to still everything. I try to play off ball only against the computer because there are some amazing things that seem to happen when I'm not. I hate getting posterized in my house.....literally. Nothing more depressing than getting teabagged by the A.I. because they're cheating.......LOL!!
ok i can understand that cuz i hate people who do that. but i dont. i play off ball quite often but i dont run around trying to steal the ball and blocking 3 point shots. i just play my man straight up. this is against humans as well.

lmao@ getting t-bagged by the A.I.
yeah i hate that too. u got me rolling over here
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »