Home

NHL 09: How You Can Keep Playing Aggressive Hockey Post-Patch

This is a discussion on NHL 09: How You Can Keep Playing Aggressive Hockey Post-Patch within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Awesome article, good tips for people who dont know hockey. My buddy and I who are both hockey nuts have totally different attitudes towards the patches. He hates them because he gets penalty after penalty, i rarely take penalties, and love the patches.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21
Great article. I'm so happy with EA's latest patch; I had barely touched the game since buying it in September but now I'm playing every night again.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #11
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
great read. didnt know about the left trigger thingy. usually i use the right analog stick without using the left trigger. i love positional way of defense, so i really appreciate this patch 2. hopefully with a little polishing in terms of line changes, always put the C in the faceoffs even during 4 on 4, etc., nhl 2010 will be a blast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thanks for the article. Now I can point to this article to the countless people who moan and complain about the patch. Another tool that is available post-patch is the Y-button on board play.

When deep in the zone, behind the goal as a rule of thumb. You can press Y when an opponent has the puck against the boards, triggering the 'holding' animation without getting the penalty. This is effective in lieu of getting a checking from behind penalty when chasing a dumped puck, and more effective in freeing up the puck.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #13
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 09: How You Can Keep Playing Aggressive Hockey Post-Patch

Awesome article. I was not aware of what vision control did. I think this will help my scoring drought immensely. Since the patch, I've noticed more rebounds but haven't been able to capitalize. Now I know why!!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 21
Yeah, getting to those rebounds is important. I usually score at least one rebound goal in every online game now.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #15
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Can somebody post here and try to explain what "Vision Control" does and why that would help with rebounds? This has been a major frustration for me, and EA has had "Vision Control" in there for several years without adequately explaining why you would use it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Holding down the Vision Control button simply keep your player square to the puck at all times.

On defense, this ensures that your player will always be in front of the puck in position for a poke/deflection.

On offense, it allows you to square your shoulders to the puck so you'll be ready to shoot on your forehand side as soon as the puck touches your stick.

Holding it down on offense also keeps you from doing an accidental cross check when your intent is to shoot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »