Home

NHL 09: How You Can Keep Playing Aggressive Hockey Post-Patch

This is a discussion on NHL 09: How You Can Keep Playing Aggressive Hockey Post-Patch within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #17
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Thank you weeman33! I think I might have to get a piece of duct tape on my LT button and keep it down the whole game, then. (Seriously). The accidental cross checks are KILLING me post-patch b/c half of the fun of this control scheme was mashing on the R stick to try and shoot a puck in a scrum, and that's almost a guaranteed penalty now.

It doesn't come naturally to me to be holding down that button all the time, but if it helps on rebounds and in scrums, it might be worthwhile to learn.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #18
Banned

John Deadly's Arena

OVR: 2
Good article! I rented NHL09 a few months ago and really liked it until I went online and discovered that the game was basically rock um sock em robots. I was throughly disappointed and after about 10 online games I sent it back to gamefly. I'm not into crazy checking and getting charged and boarded with the ref not even bothering to call a penalty.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:17 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
Dude are you kidding me? Hockey is about crazy checking, big hits etc. The game (nhl 09/nhl 10) would be SOOOOO ****ing boring without hitting, boarding, checking from behind etc. So stop whining and go play nba or mlb games if you dont want to be roughed around. I bet you cry about madden, how the hits are too rough right? Give me a break kid!

Back to being On Topic .... NHL 09 is one of the best hockey games ever made. I already have my copy of NHL 10 reserved and so does my brother and I also look forward to picking up NHL2k10 just to see what its all about, although I will be mainly playing NHL10.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:14 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 09: How You Can Keep Playing Aggressive Hockey Post-Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Sale
Dude are you kidding me? Hockey is about crazy checking, big hits etc. The game (nhl 09/nhl 10) would be SOOOOO ****ing boring without hitting, boarding, checking from behind etc. So stop whining and go play nba or mlb games if you dont want to be roughed around. I bet you cry about madden, how the hits are too rough right? Give me a break kid!

Back to being On Topic .... NHL 09 is one of the best hockey games ever made. I already have my copy of NHL 10 reserved and so does my brother and I also look forward to picking up NHL2k10 just to see what its all about, although I will be mainly playing NHL10.
Don't watch alot of hockey do you? If real players ran around hitting everything in site they would not only be spending alot of time in the penalty box but would constantly be out of position and giving the opposing team plenty of scoring chances. Hockey is about much much more than checking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »