Home

MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #25
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13882
I would say do it if you love baseball, only if you love baseball. also Killzone comes out soon too, I would recommend that game as well.
Played the KZ2 demo last night, and all I can say is ... WOW!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7

Great read.

I also agree with the hitting. I've been playing '08 non-stop since its release, but I was early on the majority of swings in this demo.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #27
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Man. I can't wait to get home from work to fire up the demo again!!!
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #28
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
Too be honest, I feel sorry for anyone who is a baseball fan and does not have a PS3.
I'm with ya. In fact, The Show is the top reason I will never go back to 360.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 47
Yeah I agree, but just think how good the real game will be! I mean really? Can it get much better that is damn scary. I love this demo. The Lighting makes every thing pop and the players look damn near life like.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 47
WHAT ABOUT THE LIGHTING!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #31
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
So i just "Michael Phelps'd" and played the demo for the 3rd time. I was the Phillies. After a 1 hit first inning for Hamels Rollins led off with a nice double that was just out of reach of the 1st baseman which was nice because in 08 he prob would have made a ridiculous play. Now let me just say that its so nice seeing the laces on the ball, visuals are great. Next AB, Werth. I see Kazmir throw me a middle-inside fastball and launch it. I'm up 2-0. Next AB, Hamels get a single. Crowd is going nuts at this point, cut to Phillie fanatic dancing on the dugout. Rays pitching coach comes out to talk to Kazmir, they show him come all the way out and walk all the way back. Howard hits into a double play.

Next inning they tie it up with a 2 run Pena home run. I come up with Victorino and hit a nice shot to left field that looks like it has a chance, Crawford runs back jumps to catch it, nails the wall, misses the ball and falls to the ground and has to get up to try and catch Victorino in time at 3rd so i get a leadoff triple. (stat pops up about 07 league leaders in triples, nice touch) Next AB, sac fly to LF. I end up winning 3-2. But the whole game with the presentations and how great the pitching camera is and the way the players move, this demo is more realistic than any other sports game i've ever played.

Few bumps and slight glitches (not so much glitches as just things that need to be touched up)

1. When Werth came up the 2nd time, when his stats poped up the letters rbi were messed up and right behind the HR letters so you couldn't read what it said. I couldn't get a picture since obviously it went away quick but it might just be something that will be cleaned up and no problem by release.

2. The Phillies' manager (or maybe it was just an assistant coach) was mexican with a mustache but had white hands. It was odd looking and like #1 might just be something that just gets polished up by release.

but other than those 2 dumb, little cleanups you can see that the makers of the Show understand what people want in a sports game. Think of how amazing the gameplay is and the presentation and rather than trying to get gimmicky like other sports games tend to do they just make minor touches that make it more realistic and what people want. Like expanding rosters in franchise and contracts and all that good stuff for people that want a more in depth franchise mode. They added some things to RTTS mode for those that enjoy that mode. So whether you play franchise or RTTS your pleased. And then they add eye black, sunglasses, and other options to the player's and now add in your own custom music in the game. They used the PS3's power to the full advantage.

I can't wait for this game to come out so i can play as the Yankees. That stadium is going to look amazing in HD. I can't even try to play 08 anymore, just can't go back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #32
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
and i think your right about allowing us more time to decide whether to swing or not. I think that's why some people had trouble check swinging, because they were swinging too early while others were able to check just fine. And i also was swinging early on fastballs i'd used to rock in 08. But now i'm more patient and i can see the differences and spin and location of the pitches better than i could in 08. I think with being able to see the laces better helps that out. But it's not a major change, just a minor tweak to improve hitting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »