Home

Interview With MLB 09: The Show Online Producer Jason Villa

This is a discussion on Interview With MLB 09: The Show Online Producer Jason Villa within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #33
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsFan72
I sit and hope...and wonder if it is really fixed.
Same approach I'm taking............Even after reading the interview, I'm still worried. There were a lot of references to "we tried"...........WE TRIED to tweak this and WE TRIED to tune that. Trying and doing are two different things in my book. I would feel much better or hopeful if his answers were of the "Yes, we WERE able to fix the online issues" variety.

I don't buy into the internet lag issue as a whole. While playing 08, I had miserable laggy games against a friend who is abut 50 miles from me and we both have Comcast cable connections that work flawlessly for any other games we play (mostly on XBox Live).

Peer to Peer connections would have been a good idea here. Maybe make it an option on how you want to connect, either peer to peer for a game against a specific friend or through their servers for a ranked game against a random person.

I guess we wont know for sure until release and we get our hands on the game.

The offline play for this game is unbelievable. I just wish they could deliver on the online side as well. If 09 ends up being a complete mess online like last year, I'll be extremely disappointed.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #34
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Interview With MLB 09: The Show Online Producer Jason Villa

Saw this in the Gamespy preview....has this been mentioned anywhere else?

"The biggest change in online play is the advent of flex scheduling, where gamers can play games out of order."
Old 01-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 10

Hopefully as long as the lag is 'minimal' the gameplay will shine through and give this game another gold star in its pocket
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3
A couple of cosmetic questions. Please tell me that The Texas Rangers road cap has the white "T" and not the red one from the mid 90'
s. Also the new alternate uni's this year are the Red outfits from the late 90's team. Has this been implemented in this year's game?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4
Disabling the use of starters as relievers is the Greatest thing ever done.It;sjust a shame to you have to force sense into people`s minds.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #38
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcranky
Disabling the use of starters as relievers is the Greatest thing ever done.It;sjust a shame to you have to force sense into people`s minds.
As stated before by others, this, while understanding why they did it, sucks. What happened during the times in the post season when you are down to a win or go home situation and you want to bring in a starter as relief. Yes it got abused but they are taking away from total realism by doing this.
Again I understand why they did it but sometimes the ends don't justify the means.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 01-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #39
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
As stated before by others, this, while understanding why they did it, sucks. What happened during the times in the post season when you are down to a win or go home situation and you want to bring in a starter as relief. Yes it got abused but they are taking away from total realism by doing this.
Again I understand why they did it but sometimes the ends don't justify the means.

Well you could just set up your rotation as 4 man and put the other starter in the pen.
He would then be available.
Not perfect...but it would help.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-26-2009, 01:02 AM   #40
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

I doubt leagues would have the same restrictions in terms of not bringing in starters, but I could be wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »