Home

Interview With MLB 09: The Show Online Producer Jason Villa

This is a discussion on Interview With MLB 09: The Show Online Producer Jason Villa within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #25
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Sounds hopeful.

I really do hope Online is fixed, and is as smooth as MVP 05 was on the PC, as well as 2K7 on the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 39
Looking good..Thanks Chase.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Interview With MLB 09: The Show Online Producer Jason Villa

I've played over 150 games online in 08, had had a thoroughly enjoyable time in at least 90% of the games. I never found lag to be that big of an issue. Any fixes that they can make to the frame rate are bonus. Glad to here starters cant come in in relief any more. I'm curious to see if they have made any changes to the 1st inning quit rule. Nothing like hitting a 2 run homer in the top of the first and having your opponent quit on you.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Last year we were told the online was improved etc.. and well it wasn't that stable at all. So I'm not too confident it will be great or even better this year. I can use the same connection on my 360 and have virtually no lag but throw in The Show and it's a stop motion film most of the time. Not acceptable IMO. I'm really really pumped for the game and will buy it regardless as I do play tons more offline than on but it will still be a disappointment if online isn't improved drastically.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 01-24-2009, 01:45 AM   #29
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
To be honest, I am really more concerned about lag than frame rate. The game is still playable at a slower frame rate, not the case when lag is concerned!
Agreed. Hopefully you'll get more time to pose these questions to the developers at the Community day. I really want to know if we'll be able to use the "pitcher's view" online.

These answers brought me down from my Cloud 9.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:48 AM   #30
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Last year we were told the online was improved etc.. and well it wasn't that stable at all. So I'm not too confident it will be great or even better this year. I can use the same connection on my 360 and have virtually no lag but throw in The Show and it's a stop motion film most of the time. Not acceptable IMO. I'm really really pumped for the game and will buy it regardless as I do play tons more offline than on but it will still be a disappointment if online isn't improved drastically.
I agree. Only difference is I play a lot more online. Last year's game was manageable at times but it was really hit or miss. Other games have mastered the art of online gaming. I can play a game of Madden, NHL 09, COD, etc.... and there isn't a problem with lag.

All I want is the online part of the game to exceed my expectations.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:34 AM   #31
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
He said bringing in starters from the pen has been removed Mr over reaction

I'd give you a 1 of 10 on your latest comment if i could
And I quote:

"You can bring in starters from your bullpen, which we removed this year for online games because people would just bring in starter after starter in the past."

Which is it...you can bring in starters....or it was removed? Sorry if the poorly worded sentence in the interview was confusing. Thank you so much for the 1 out of 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2009, 07:47 AM   #32
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan118
And I quote:

"You can bring in starters from your bullpen, which we removed this year for online games because people would just bring in starter after starter in the past."

Which is it...you can bring in starters....or it was removed? Sorry if the poorly worded sentence in the interview was confusing. Thank you so much for the 1 out of 10.
From reading it, we had the ability to do this but in 09 we will not. I am not really agreeing with the decision. They are trying to put the users on rails to make sure baseball etiquette is followed. I understand their intention but all this does is frustrate the people who play the game properly.

There were times in our league where your starter went down in the first inning. We had a rule where you could use your 4th or 5th man in those special situations. Now that has been taken away.

Last edited by nemesis04; 01-24-2009 at 07:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »