Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 First Look Preview

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 First Look Preview within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-17-2009, 02:35 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
2K is up to their old tricks again. Waiting until the last minute to release MLB 2K9 gameplay videos means they are behind schedule and will release another glitchy product. I will not be making the same mistake I did last year by buying MLB 2K8 the day it came out without playing the demo first.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:52 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 24
You sound like a guy who's been given a trip to the company for a free three or four-day look.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 First Look Preview

As I've said before it really seems like VC is trying to get back to basics by tightening-up the Pitching, Batting & Fielding.

The presentation has been lacking for years so we see the addition of Real-Time World Feature which if done right should be fun to watch. Cut-scenes with this feature should be limited if not totally gone.

My only worry so far is that there was no info on FRANCHISE in that leaked featured list. Franchise Mode has been broken for a while. Players out of position on the field, batting in weird spots in the line-up & rotations getting all screwed-up.

Here's hoping they've fixed these issues & if not hopefully they have allowed us to have TOTAL CONTROL of all the teams in the game so we can fix these issues ourselves.

Lastly I hope they have tweaked the STATS/RATINGS Engine. This may be a lot to ask for because NO Sports Game has been able to get this correct in a long time, but it is an important part of Franchise Mode.

All of these things, a more than likely upgrade to the graphics & VC now in charge of this title has me optimistic that this game is finally heading in the right direction
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #36
Rookie

BFawlty's Arena

OVR: 5
Well we have a PS3 in the house along with the Xbox, so this is going to have to be one heck of a game to replace The Show. Frankly I'm in the camp of people that is a little concerned over the lack of info coming out.

BF
Old 01-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #37
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky_chicken
Any truth to the rumor that Major League Baseball 2k9 will only be available for purchase at Circuit City.
lol, yeah it's going to be part of their going of business special.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 17
I am getting excited, sounds like they are going back to the basics again and just looking to make a solid good game of baseball
Old 01-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #39
Banned

John Deadly's Arena

OVR: 2
If 2K8 had slightly better graphics, no framerate issues, or stat glitch issues it would have been the greatest baseball game of all time. If VC can just add a new coat of paint and fix the basics then 2k9 could be a great game. But either way I won't buy it on day one or month one. I will wait till i can get it for $30 on ebay. 2K still owes me an apology for that abomination known as MLB2K8.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 28

You all will be getting info very soon. Hell, i cant wait either, but its inc guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »