Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #521
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Duke, North Carolina, Kansas and Louisville all got Number 1 seeds and all advanced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #522
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Louisville beat North Carolina for the title
Old 12-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #523
Rookie

Jason2112's Arena

OVR: 19

I can't remember if that was pre-patch or post man. That would be totally awesome if the patch fixed it though. Maybe someday a 16 will beat a 1 seed, but we have been saying that for a long time now and it hasn't happened.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:50 AM   #524
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Picked up this game tonight. I wasn't planning on buying it, since I still like CH2K8, but I am getting a little tired of the same old engine. I just needed a change.

I'm glad I got the game. I played one full game and had a lot of fun on All conference default. What I really liked about the game was the spacing. That has always been my problem with CH2k8. The defense seems to always close in too quickly most of the time. I also enjoyed the transition game. The game definitely has a different feel to it than CH2k8 which is nice right now.

While the game is not perfect, I haven't had this much fun with a basketball game in some time. Maybe its just fresh to me, and I'll start seeing the warts soon however.

My one big gripe so far is that I can't tell who the CPU guys are unless I memorize numbers, and then it depends on whether I can read them or figure out who they are based on how they look. I just don't understand how you can leave out the names or positions under the CPU players. This goes beyond aesthetics really.

All and all EA is starting to make some good basketball games again. Kind of makes me want to buy NBA Live 09 now.
I'm looking forward to starting a season.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #525
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
cool.
That was my impression of the game. No need for a sarcastic comment from you.

Sorry not everyone loves this game.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #526
Rookie

Jason2112's Arena

I think everyone starts playing this game with a subjective and predecided opinion of EA. If you really just play this game with an open mind it is great. To me, it is much more fluid and realistic than 2k8. Yes, the dynasty needs to be deeper, but I can deal with it for now. The gameplay is what matters most in a game and EA did a good job of recreating the real life counterpart. If you pop in 2k8 after playing this for awhile, you will notice that the 2k8 game just seems to be a last gen game.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #527
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason2112
I think everyone starts playing this game with a subjective and predecided opinion of EA. If you really just play this game with an open mind it is great. To me, it is much more fluid and realistic than 2k8. Yes, the dynasty needs to be deeper, but I can deal with it for now. The gameplay is what matters most in a game and EA did a good job of recreating the real life counterpart. If you pop in 2k8 after playing this for awhile, you will notice that the 2k8 game just seems to be a last gen game.
I haven't played the retail version of NCAA yet, and I just finished playing CH 2K8. I get so bored with that game. UK is playing Miami on tv right now, and just looking at that, I think that NCAA '09 captures the pace of college basketball better than 2K8 did. I'm very tempting to get this game. I think I may rent it first.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:13 AM   #528
Rookie

Jason2112's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I haven't played the retail version of NCAA yet, and I just finished playing CH 2K8. I get so bored with that game. UK is playing Miami on tv right now, and just looking at that, I think that NCAA '09 captures the pace of college basketball better than 2K8 did. I'm very tempting to get this game. I think I may rent it first.
Let me tell you I was a DIE HARD 2k8 fan. I rented this game, played it for a couple days, then went back to play CH2k8. I proceeded to sell 2k8 along with Halo 3 just to BUY this game. After playing this and going back to CH2k8, it was just too last generation for me. I am a very picky person when it comes to college basketball, and for the most part, EAs game is the most realistic simulation. If you get the game, request me as a friend RAGZY2112 on XBox Live and get my updated fully named and rated roster and you will love this game. I have spent hours correcting the ratings of the rosters using credible sources such as espn.com, rivals.com, and athlon yearbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »