Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-01-2008, 09:30 AM   #505
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
No, I didn't save a video. Let me tell you what made it even more exciting. I was playing with some serious pressure from my wife...I had 15 minutes to get ready for a wedding we had to go to (her boss' wedding!) and she was calling me from upstairs to tell me that i better get ready soon and that we better NOT BE LATE TO THE WEDDING! Put it this way....if he would have made the shot and put the game into overtime, I wouldn't be able to play the OT period and would have to shut the game and lose all that hard work . I don't re-play games so if i would have had to turn it off, i would have just simmed the game and i know it would have probably been a loss. Right after I blocked the shot i threw my hands in the air and saved my franchise, turned off the xbox, got ready on time, and managed to get to the wedding on time! I think it was one of my better moments!
I feel ya K_rob11. I've had similar situations in the past with my wife. It only adds to the intensity of the game and kind of reminds me of being on the road in a hostile environment trying to nail down the big win and then get out of there right after before the fans get you. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #506
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I feel ya K_rob11. I've had similar situations in the past with my wife. It only adds to the intensity of the game and kind of reminds me of being on the road in a hostile environment trying to nail down the big win and then get out of there right after before the fans get you. LOL

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #507
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzy02
I think there is just something seriously wrong with this game. I can't put my finger on the main culprit, but the rebounding engine is jacked, no responsive shooting mechanism which means my wife can shoot just as well as I can and she's never played a video game, and the simulation engine is just comical. Get real guys. Five games into the season and no one in the nation is undefeated????? How is that? I think everyone is just trying to MAKE this game work because it's the only option. Maybe upcoming patches can fix some of these issues, but there is a lot that is VERY wrong with this game. I simulated Morehead St./Louisville and Morehead won by 10 at Freedom Hall. That would never happen in 100 games. Louisville beat em by 30 this year.
LOL @ Louisville losing to WKU at home
Old 12-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #508
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
LOL @ Louisville losing to WKU at home
Actually the UofL/WKU game was played in Nashville, but I get your point.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #509
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Actually the UofL/WKU game was played in Nashville, but I get your point.
Really thats weird they would play a team like that at a neutral site
Old 12-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #510
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Really thats weird they would play a team like that at a neutral site
its a long story.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #511
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Another aspect of gameplay that NCAA 09 does very well is that the streaks and runs throughout the game don't feel cheesy or scripted for the human or CPU. Really makes it enjoyable, I haven't even come close to throwing a controller, which I did fairly frequently with 2K8. At times you just have to tip your hat to the CPU.
Very true...I agree 100%. I just love the ebb and flow of the games I am having.

I know it takes a while to get used to the lack of animations and features that we all are used to seeing in CH.....but once you get over that and just sit down and pay attention to all of the things going on in this game while you are playing, it is really neat to see. I am really excited to see how EA continues to grow on this solid foundation that they have here.

Now, maybe its just because this game is one of the only 2 games I own (APF 2k8 being my only other game), or maybe its just because I am a college basketball junkie (I get excited about college basketball games like most of you guys get excited about madden and ncaa football)........but I am really enjoying this game.

A couple of more things I am loving:

- Post play - I think I have mastered the controls of the dynamic post control....and it's great once you learn all the moves.

- Being able to play 20-minute halves and get realistic scores and pretty decent stats.

- Even tho it just happens at random moments, I like the the "Steve Wojciechowski slapping the floor on D animation". I know its a stupid thing, but i like seeing that animation lol...

- I don't know who said every games feels the same, but I am glad that in my copy of NCAA 09, every game I play feels like a different game.

- I know most people hate it, but I'm sorry, I love Dickie V. College basketball isn't the same without him. I actually do enjoy the commentary, BUT they do need to add ALOT more lines of commentary, because there are just too many times where I am not hearing anything from Nessler or Vitale. I think Vitale should get more excited when a team starts to go on a hot streak. I was just wishing I'd hear, "OHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! IT'S OVER MR. NESSLER! IT'S OVERRRRRR!! OHHHHHHH," when I dunked the ball on a fastbreak off a steal to cap a 12-0 run and put my team ahead by 8 with 20 seconds to go. I wish he would get more excited as the home crowd gets more excited (as he tends to get in real life)....

Last edited by K_rob11; 12-01-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #512
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
- I don't know who said every games feels the same, but I am glad that in my copy of NCAA 09, every game I play feels like a different game.

Yeah, I have no idea what those people are thinking or seeing. The variety in the games I've played is pretty amazing.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »