Home

NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #49
Banned

Berliner's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Okay guys with this patch! Return all sliders to default.

Play on Superstar Level with your minutes at 7!

Realistic stats and good fun with realistic scores.

Later People!!! Let me know what you think after trying!

(For 360 Users: Put the game on your HDD - Go to HDMI settings Put on Expanded - On HDMI Colors - Put on SOURCE!)

Thank me later!

Camera angle Press Box!

Peace people and enjoy this new patch! I love it. And Kobe's Purple Nikes! I love it.

You sure we should reset the sliders? I am using Tomba's sliders even after the patch and the game is fine to me.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #50
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Just lost to the Cavs w/ my Lakers 84-83. Kobe had 34 pts. What I did not like was Ilgauskas taking 27 shots and James only 16. Maybe it was a fluke but LB was driving to the cup like a mad man. The roster rotations are garbage. LB goes to the bench w/ 2 min left in crunch time? Can't be DNA? Overall the defense and all other areas I was definetly satisfied. Peace!!! I am using Playmakers Slider set
This is exactly what I said a couple of weeks ago after I Edited player's ratings based on Playmakers suggestions.

Same exact thing.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 12
The game seems to play smoother, better. Loved the game anyway so this is just sweetening the deal.

A note on blocking...

I understanding the blocking needed to be fixed for responsiveness. But I kind of miss the old blocking animations. You know, coming over from the weak side to make the huge block. The kind of block that sends the ball into the fifth row.

In real life one of the major factors of blocking is anticipation. It would be a shame to see that completely gone from the game.

Perhaps just pressing "block" could do the basic just straight up block... and using "Turbo + block" can have those awesome gather animations.

I don't think the MAIN problem was really the 'gather' but rather the player not jumping in the appropriate direction.

The quicker blocking fix does the job it is supposed to for now, but I am really looking forward to what you guys do with the blocking in Live 10. It's there, it just needs tweaking.

Great work guys. Loving the game. Keep it up.

J
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Official NBA Live 2009 Post Patch Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
PS3 (I did have the patch when it was first released accidentally BTW)

Anyways, I never was able to do this before the patch. Don't know if it's the sliders or the patch but there are no real 'gimmes' down low. And I love that I can go back up for boards.

Simple video but I like it. No dunks, just fighting for the boards.

EA SPORTS World: rebounds

thank you sir
Old 11-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffyjustus
The game seems to play smoother, better. Loved the game anyway so this is just sweetening the deal.

A note on blocking...

I understanding the blocking needed to be fixed for responsiveness. But I kind of miss the old blocking animations. You know, coming over from the weak side to make the huge block. The kind of block that sends the ball into the fifth row.

In real life one of the major factors of blocking is anticipation. It would be a shame to see that completely gone from the game.

Perhaps just pressing "block" could do the basic just straight up block... and using "Turbo + block" can have those awesome gather animations.

I don't think the MAIN problem was really the 'gather' but rather the player not jumping in the appropriate direction.

The quicker blocking fix does the job it is supposed to for now, but I am really looking forward to what you guys do with the blocking in Live 10. It's there, it just needs tweaking.

Great work guys. Loving the game. Keep it up.

J
Totally agree man, especially on the bolded part.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #54
Banned

Berliner's Arena

OVR: 4

Do we have to reset the sliders for the new patch? I use tomba's sliders even after the patch and the game is fine for me.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #55
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

You dont have to

Ive done with and without tomba's edits

Not sure which one I like yet.. but default is fine

You might still like Tomba's settings better, but again, the patch was made with dafault in mind... remember that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 12

THE PATCH: ONLINE & HEAD @ HEAD PLAY

Overall the patch is excellent...Defense seems much better in the post...Blocked shots and help D seem better...

The FT's are killing a huge effect the patch has had on the game...and what I mean is with the increase in D there are more fouls in the act of shooting which result in FT's...I've played maybe 20 games with the patch and I've seen one missed FT and the guy must of had his eyes closed because its next to impossible to miss a FT in this game. I have not missed one FT in 20 games...I'm like 80 for 80...My last game I was 17 for 17. EA...Please OH PLEASE readjust the FT meters otherwise its almost a game/strategy killer

SOME OTHER PATCHABLE AREAS:

BASELINE EXPLOITATION - Far too easy to exploit the baseline by just dribbling around players...The baseline D needs to be a bit tighter.

Centers and Forwards Getting Back on D - The big men need to hustle back on D...Too many inbounds and long passes for dunks...I could see if Fatigue was an issue but this simply seems to be a tuning/programming issue. Also..Why can't I get to my sliders for Getting Back on D, Boxing Out and Fastbreak wghen I need them???

I must say though I can't stop playing the damn game..Its fun and in many ways very realistic...This game is what I expected to see 2 years ago in the 1st installment...The future is bright for NBA LIVE...next year some additional animations of players diving for balls and a bit tighter D that forces us to run offense a bit more will take this game to the next level.

BTW...can a mod maybe do a poll concerning what most people are feeling about the FT meter and whether its too easy, just right or too hard???...THis might expedite at least a change back to where it was...I thought it was too easy before they changed it...Now its insanely easy.

Last edited by dat swag; 11-27-2008 at 03:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »