Home

NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-27-2008, 08:28 PM   #57
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here

Welp, upon playing a heavy dosage of games my second impressions about the patch is, EA you have released more bugs.

For some reason now whatever it maybe, my PF and C are checking the same guy the WHOLE GAME. Nothing I did was able to stop this so I had to manual control the PF myself and make him check his man.

The automatic run straight to the guy your double teaming as soon as he gets the ball is no good whatsoever. Now what folk to is when they pass the ball to the guy being double they run around in circles, and the guy coming to double runs around in circles with him looking dumb and they just drive to the lane for an easy bucket. It was much much better the previous way.

Add on the long fastbreaks because your defense doesn't get back and it's a no go.

I understand some people like to play the CPU as I do as well. But there are many head to head players out there as well. More focus to element bugs when it comes to online and head to head play has to be given with a greater effort.

Go base game, and good attempt this year. But hopefully, just hopefully you guys can finally get things right. Guess it's time to start up a dynasty.

And by the way can any of the devs answer as to why you won't bump the difficulty level up to Superstar for online ranked games??? I know you changed the difficulty for the 5 on 5 or something like that, but why not have ranked games set to Superstar? What's the reasoning behind this?
Old 11-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #58
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

This game is playing amazing. The core gameplay imo is the best to date
Old 11-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 4

PS3, Online.

My post PAtch experience.
The Live 09 is the BEST,now, with Patch.
It could be better, but .... i love this game (L 09)

Only one thing:
There are some People who has installed the first("no complet") Patch 1.02.
And The Gameplay is poor, it is worst than the original(without patch).
The user know it and his play style is simple and bored.He force the contact basket all time with a high % field goal.
He makes the BIG men Fastbreak,too.

I dont know if anybody has played against these users.
But it is True, believe , it is bored.

I dont know if i can to write here the user name who i was played against.
If i can you can tell me something, it will be for a good online gameplay.

Bye.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #60
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

just played my first online game post patch...it was actually a defensive game. I held my opponent to 41% from the field. I can't remember the last time I held my opponent under 50%. I love how offensive rebounds don't result in easy put backs. A lot more blocks down low, the mid range J is something you'll have to use if you want to keep your opponent off balance. loved the changes with the patch. I normally don't play sport games online, but with this patch you have a much better chance of winning when you play realistic type of basketball.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #61
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Okay guys with this patch! Return all sliders to default.

Play on Superstar Level with your minutes at 7!

Realistic stats and good fun with realistic scores.

Later People!!! Let me know what you think after trying!

(For 360 Users: Put the game on your HDD - Go to HDMI settings Put on Expanded - On HDMI Colors - Put on SOURCE!)

Thank me later!

Camera angle Press Box!

Peace people and enjoy this new patch! I love it. And Kobe's Purple Nikes! I love it.
superstar for both user and AI?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #62
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Welp, upon playing a heavy dosage of games my second impressions about the patch is, EA you have released more bugs.

For some reason now whatever it maybe, my PF and C are checking the same guy the WHOLE GAME. Nothing I did was able to stop this so I had to manual control the PF myself and make him check his man.

The automatic run straight to the guy your double teaming as soon as he gets the ball is no good whatsoever. Now what folk to is when they pass the ball to the guy being double they run around in circles, and the guy coming to double runs around in circles with him looking dumb and they just drive to the lane for an easy bucket. It was much much better the previous way.

Add on the long fastbreaks because your defense doesn't get back and it's a no go.

I understand some people like to play the CPU as I do as well. But there are many head to head players out there as well. More focus to element bugs when it comes to online and head to head play has to be given with a greater effort.

Go base game, and good attempt this year. But hopefully, just hopefully you guys can finally get things right. Guess it's time to start up a dynasty.

And by the way can any of the devs answer as to why you won't bump the difficulty level up to Superstar for online ranked games??? I know you changed the difficulty for the 5 on 5 or something like that, but why not have ranked games set to Superstar? What's the reasoning behind this?
Can any of the devs answer whats in the bold?
Old 11-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #63
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Well the only obvious thing I have noticed is your guys jump better to block and rebound....other than that seems the same.

One weird thing though. I was playing against OKC in my dynasty and for some reason Durant did not play.

I went to the stats for the season after the game to check and NO he isnt hurt. In fact he hasnt played in any of their 6 games!!! WTF???!!!! Why is their best player on the bench, all season???? Glitch??
Old 11-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #64
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Okay guys with this patch! Return all sliders to default.

Play on Superstar Level with your minutes at 7!

Realistic stats and good fun with realistic scores.

Later People!!! Let me know what you think after trying!

(For 360 Users: Put the game on your HDD - Go to HDMI settings Put on Expanded - On HDMI Colors - Put on SOURCE!)

Thank me later!

Camera angle Press Box!

Peace people and enjoy this new patch! I love it. And Kobe's Purple Nikes! I love it.
Where do you find these settings for the 360? TV, GAME, or the 360 itself??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »