Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #385
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
one man's opinion.

The dynasty mode is fine and solid. Its just not as deep, I am guessing, as 2k. I never played the 2k college hoops game, but that seems to be the consensus on the boards.

I agree the dynasty mode is solid. It's not as deep as 2K but it's not bad at all in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #386
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
one man's opinion.

The dynasty mode is fine and solid. Its just not as deep, I am guessing, as 2k. I never played the 2k college hoops game, but that seems to be the consensus on the boards.
its actaully its little more challenging imo as you have a set # of recruiting point for the whole year it doesn't re up every week.. and i like the fact you have to make some promises to a recruit IE: one guy wanted me to promise him he will play on espn this year and another guy wanted me to promise i can give him 85% playing time. its just not as deep in 2k as far presentation go and a virtual Selection Sunday and the ability to recruit freshman Highschool players ect. . i also like the fact alumni will suggest players they want in the program.

some other nice thing i noticed some players notes will tell you this guy has his eyes on the pro or he will likely be here 1 year and go pro.

people want to say it easy to recruit it was pretty easy in 2k8 to get 5* players (especially World guys) and they all had high ratings. in Ncaa 09 just cause a guy is 5* dont mean he is gonna have a high rating. you gotta pay attention to his position rank and his ability grades and his physical numbers.

its not perfect but it going in the right direction
MLB: New York Yankees

Last edited by Scoop 24; 11-23-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #387
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
its actaully its little more challenging imo as you have a set # of recruiting point for the whole year it doesn't re up every week.. and i like the fact you have to make some promises to a recruit IE: one guy wanted me to promise him he will play on espn this year and another guy wanted me to promise i can give him 85% playing time. its just not as deep in 2k as far presentation go and a virtual Selection Sunday and the ability to recruit freshman Highschool players ect. . i also like the fact alumni will suggest players they want in the program.

some other nice thing i noticed some players notes will tell you this guy has his eyes on the pro or he will likely be here 1 year and go pro.

people want to say it easy to recruit it was pretty easy in 2k8 to get 5* players (especially World guys) and they all had high ratings. in Ncaa 09 just cause a guy is 5* dont mean he is gonna have a high rating. you gotta pay attention to his position rank and his ability grades and his physical numbers.

its not perfect but it going in the right direction
well said man.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-23-2008, 08:21 PM   #388
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim78
The briefly sum it up...

It Blows.

Go back to IGN please. Notice how this garbage comes from guys with post numbers in the teens or so?

I noticed something odd.

I was playing UCONN Syracuse and noticed that the CPU never used a single time out?

That was pretty glaring.

Otherwise, so far I'm really very satisfied. I played UCONN- GTown, and UCONN-Cuse and the games where very diferent in style and tempo. Very big plus. Last years atrocity, every team was more or less the same.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #389
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Go back to IGN please. Notice how this garbage comes from guys with post numbers in the teens or so?

I noticed something odd.

I was playing UCONN Syracuse and noticed that the CPU never used a single time out?

That was pretty glaring.

Otherwise, so far I'm really very satisfied. I played UCONN- GTown, and UCONN-Cuse and the games where very diferent in style and tempo. Very big plus. Last years atrocity, every team was more or less the same.

I've seen the cpu take timeouts to stop runs and end of game situations.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #390
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Well, I barely escaped being upset @ Creighton. I was down 38-32 at the half, but was able to put a 10-0 run together with around 8 minutes left in the game to go up by 2 and never trailed again. I hung on to win 71-66.

It was an awesome game as I had to deal with what seemed to be biased officials as T-Will and Clark both picked up 2 fouls in the first 4 minutes of the game. Creighton shot 24 free throws to my 11, and 6 of mine were when they were fouling to stop the clock.

I couldn't solve their zone and couldn't hit an open 3 to save my soul. I also turned the ball over 18 times as I made ill advised decisions and got in a hurry at times to make something happen. I love the timeout feature as it gives you the actual minute or 30 secs to regather your composure/thoughts. I used one right before the big 10-0 spark that put me ahead and for good.

Next is a tough home court battle with UNLV.

Damn, I am loving this game.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #391
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Just a general question: Are the sig shots in this game not just accurate, but good??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #392
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
Just a general question: Are the sig shots in this game not just accurate, but good??
there are no sig shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »