Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #369
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
he's playing on All Conference
Duh....I see that now that I read his post again. I had a ******** moment there. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #370
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgray225
I'm so mad i rented this game!!! Has EA spinkled a few bucks to my trusty friends here @ OS.This freakin game is HORRIBLE! DAM DAM DAM!!!

Clunky
Freaked up Dynasty
Game play ok at best
Not worth $60 bucks for dam sure!
2k is still the champ for sim junkies!

"Dis some fragileNackle Bull"
yes all of us that are enjoying the game have been paid $500K apiece by EA to say nothing but good things about the game. Hey maybe we lied, but we are now $500K richer.

Just to elaborate a bit, what about the Dynasty makes you call it "freaked up" because I am curious to know. Plus I am intrigued to see what other cool catchphrases you come up with.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #371
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
Does this game have something similar to 2K? Where you start as a lower level school and work your way up.
This is kind of important to me, in regards to a purchase or not. Anything?
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2008, 01:17 PM   #372
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't know why, but I am having a blast playing this game. Sure, it's not exactly the smoothest game to find its way into my PS3, but for some odd reason, I enjoy it. The animations in certain situations definitely need to be smoothed out for 2010.

I love moving the ball around and making the extra pass to find the open shot. The inside/outside game is fun to set up and penetrating and pitching it fun too.

Now that I have settled on some shooting sliders, I like it even more because not every type of shot is finding it's way to the bottom of the net 65% of the time.

The arenas and crowds are just awesome. Simply awesome!

My main gripe (not gameplay related) is the sim engine. That will always be in the back of my head that the star players don't get enough minutes. I wish that could be patched or something. I have yet to find a workaround.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #373
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Just finished the first game of my dynasty as I beat the Jaguars of South Alabama at Freedom Hall 80-59.

The game was pretty much over midway through the first half. They stayed within 1-3 pts for the first 5-8 minutes of the game, but I quickly turned it on and got up by 15 and never looked back.

Clark had 19, Samuels had 14 and Jennings had 10 as they couldn't handle the big guys down low. I kept switching defenses and keeping them off balance as they took ill advised shots, turned the ball over, and were called for 8 charging calls and I made them hurry when they didn't want to.

I am off to Creighton to play the Blue Jays on the road. I tried to get my schedule as accurate as possible, but its tough to get small teams to play you. Plus, I wanted to remind Chad Millard what he walked out on.

Damn, I am enjoying this game.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #374
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
yes it does.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #375
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Something like a closed legacy? I believe there is. I'll check on this in a bit for you. Someone else made mention of this earlier in the week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #376
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Something like a closed legacy? I believe there is. I'll check on this in a bit for you. Someone else made mention of this earlier in the week.
Thats exactly what I want. I love starting in bottom of the barrel school and recruiting to build them up. Then once I'm recognized I can move up to more prestegious schools.

That'd be awesome if you can take a look and let me know how it is. I might pick this up after work tonight if it does.

J-Unit, do you have rosters for the PS3. This might be a game I can finally get for it. Nobody I know will play this with me online and I usually don't get much for achievements in sports games.

Except the dumb ones in the early titles for 360.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »