Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #353
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
it think its in the up-tempo play style.
Sorry for being so dumb, are you talking about at the beginning where you have to pick 3 of the 5? One that says "up tempo play style" helps with offensive rebounding. I am really struggling trying to understand where this is and what you guys say I am supposed to be doing?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #354
MVP

OVR: 34

This is a very fine game. I really enjoy NBA Live, and this feels liek a more enhanced version of it, engine wise, but with an accurate collegiate feel.

The floor spacing, which is pretty near perfect in Live, seems even better here, and I didnt thing that was possible.

Playing with my UCONN Huskies vs G-Town..I had a very nice sequence of ball movement, leading to a wing jumper for craig austrie:

Here's a rebound and outlet pass from Thabeet leading to a breakaway dunk:

It's a bit tougher to score inside, which I liked. There are still some animation hitches here and there, sometimes when someone tries to set a pick, they will get stuck in place, or they will be facing backwards.

Stops in play are also a bit disorienting. I have had a handful of occasions where I think I have an "and 1" but it really turns out to be an offensive foul.

The game as a whole looks beautiful. Gampel Pavilion looks great, the crowd atmosphere is good, and the playbook for UCONN, was authentic, especially on defense with a lot of full court and half court man zone traps and presses.

Everything looks beautiful except for the coaches. Jim Calhoun looks NOTHING like him.

All and all, Im pleased...especially since I pawned madden off and was able to get this with no cash out of pocket I have a lot to keep myself occupied with until baseball season.

Its' not perfect, but it is FUN, and keeps my interest.

It's funny, Im a "old man" in gaming years. I dont feel like spending more time with slider fixes and testing then playing the dang thing. All I want these days is a game that reasonably depicts the sport accurately, is fun to play, at the end of the game gives me realistic score totals and stats, and has a difficulty level that will keep me challenged.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #355
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
Sorry for being so dumb, are you talking about at the beginning where you have to pick 3 of the 5? One that says "up tempo play style" helps with offensive rebounding. I am really struggling trying to understand where this is and what you guys say I am supposed to be doing?

Thanks
choose a team that plays an up tempo style and when you are selecting 3 things to focus on, crashing the boards should be one of the things you can choose.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #356
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
choose a team that plays an up tempo style and when you are selecting 3 things to focus on, crashing the boards should be one of the things you can choose.
Ok I get it now, sorry for being so slow.
Butler is balanced so no wonder I never saw it.
Thanks

Last edited by dbrandon; 11-22-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #357
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Has anyone seen a jump ball call yeah? I noticed the possession arrow in a stat overlay and realized I have yet to see a jump ball
Old 11-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #358
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

I really like the ESPN gamecast in dynasty mode, too bad that did not at least give us this option for other team's games in dynasty mode.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:35 PM   #359
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Has anyone seen a jump ball call yeah? I noticed the possession arrow in a stat overlay and realized I have yet to see a jump ball
Nope. I was wondering that myself last night. I played 3 games last night (18 minutes halves) and didn't see a single jump ball.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #360
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

Hopefully next year after the game ends when you are watching it in ESPN gamecast they will give you the option to see play by play and all player stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »