Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #193
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Official NCAA Basketball Impressions thread

Gotta say, this game is VERY fun.

And, while just cosmetic... I LOVE how it starts you out on the playground... really gives off a campus feel.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #194
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
the amount of shoes in this game that you can you can use is incredible
Not to knock you or your post, but I'm just wondering how come so much detail was put into shoes when the face editing is so limited? Seems like they would focus more on appearance edits and less on what kind of shoes the guys are wearing. I would rather have a guy resemble who he is supposed to be while wearing some generic Pro-Tech Athletic shoes as opposed to having him look nothing like the player but rockin' some sweet *** Nike or Adidas footwear.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #195
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Shoes were probably and easy port over from Live
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #196
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
for those wondering, if any were, you can turn Auto Subs on.

game saver lol...previous editions were toturous in this regard.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #197
Rookie

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

too early from an impression yet but seems alot better than past EA offerings in college basketball. (still crying over no online dynasty but will remain hopeful for the future)
Old 11-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #198
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
Allow me to clarify. In CH2K8, Villanova's on-campus arena, The Pavilion, was in the game. The court was correct, but the arena itself didn't look much like The Pavilion. Still, Villanova played at an arena called The Pavilion that was a passable representative of our home court.

In NCAA 09, The Pavilion doesn't appear to even be in the game. We have the Wachovia Center as our home court in this game. It looks pretty accurate; however, we play exactly three games at the Wachovia Center this year. What a joke.
At least we don't have to adjust to shooting on a different court when we transition from playing as the Sixers in NBA Live. Look on the bright side!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:38 PM   #199
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
Allow me to clarify. In CH2K8, Villanova's on-campus arena, The Pavilion, was in the game. The court was correct, but the arena itself didn't look much like The Pavilion. Still, Villanova played at an arena called The Pavilion that was a passable representative of our home court.

In NCAA 09, The Pavilion doesn't appear to even be in the game. We have the Wachovia Center as our home court in this game. It looks pretty accurate; however, we play exactly three games at the Wachovia Center this year. What a joke.
Yeah, the court was accurate in 2K8 but the arena was way off - much, much too small. IRL The Pavilion has those huge bleachers under the basket, in 2K8 there's about 10 rows.

Is the court in NCAA09 at the Wachovia center a generic one or is there the Nova "V" at halfcourt?

I feel your pain though, I would be pissed if UConn had the HCC/XL Center is it's only home court.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #200
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
Not to knock you or your post, but I'm just wondering how come so much detail was put into shoes when the face editing is so limited? Seems like they would focus more on appearance edits and less on what kind of shoes the guys are wearing. I would rather have a guy resemble who he is supposed to be while wearing some generic Pro-Tech Athletic shoes as opposed to having him look nothing like the player but rockin' some sweet *** Nike or Adidas footwear.
Because face editing had a un repairable bug in it last year. So they decided not to allow us to edit them this year.

I'd rather individual shoes in just like real life than nothing.

CH 2k8 which you can edit faces, but they all look a like regardless is still the worse. I'd rather have preset face with nice detail than to have those. Not to mention they had terrible editing for players in that game. And all you could do was choose shoe colors for home and away. Not specific shoes or anything like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »