Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-18-2008, 10:00 PM   #161
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Official NCAA Basketball Impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkdog
Again....player ratings/roster accuracy is way off. How come 15 of us on OS can do the roster edits in 3 days and EA Sports can't get it right in 3-8 months?

As for the schedule...hasn't EA screwed it up before without being pressed for an earlier deadline?
I don't know why can't get them right and EA hasn't had authentic schedules until this year.

At least you played at your "EA fan friends house" before you bought the game. That could've been a disaster.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 10:02 PM   #162
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Are free throws as easy in the retail version as they are in the demo? Can we change the level of difficulty or make it set to "real life FT%s"?

Thanks.
line moves faster at higher difficulty levels and there is also a "FT difficulty" slider that you can adjust. I maxed it out to make free throws anything but routine.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #163
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_densen
I have to know if dunk tips are in the game, can someone answer that? And also is it possible for them to add black socks to the list of things they are patching? Thanks!
I have yet to see a dunk tip. And I don't know if they can add black socks via a patch.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #164
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I'm using classic, it's my fav so far.
Same here, I want to play the game but I also want to watch Stephen Curry...

bahhh.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:31 PM   #165
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Ok I've calmed down some. I'll probably get by even with no player lock but it's still a bummer.
Anyways here's a nice little fast break..

EA SPORTS World: Fast Break

Maybe folks will think I'm nitpicking, but the way the defenders in the paint closes to the player who is dunking don't really react to the shooter is very bothersome for me. In fact the guard stops, take a little step back, and lets the player go in for the dunk. While the other defender starts drifting back toward his man.

No they couldn't have stopped the play without giving a hard foul, but they don't seem to "understand" that a player with the ball attacking the rim is the highest priority in this situation.

Maybe its the level, or ratings, but in so many of these clips the defenders seem to have really, really poor ball awareness or limited animation sets for reacting to plays in the paint.

Its these kinds of things that would make me stop playing this game pretty quickly, so I hope to see some clips in the next few days where defenders don't seem oblivious to basic basketball principles, because I'd like to buy the game, but the A.I. can't be so brain dead.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 10:35 PM   #166
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I've noticed that as well, we need to see what slider affects that. I've had a few plays were an opposing guard will go right into the lane past Thabeet and he won't even try to challenge the shot. Def a concern right now.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know in the old games you could do the dunk tip with the square button, can someone try this to see if it works while going for an offensive rebound? Sorry, this is just so important to me. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:37 PM   #168
Rookie

YankeeCpt's Arena

OVR: 6

When they update rosters on Dec 4, is there a chance they coould/would add more classic teams and All-time teams?

Also, the ability to create teams?

I really want to like this game after sinking $60. All-time teams, more classic teams, and fixed ratings (and jersey numbers) could really change my mind. Jodie Meeks is way too low at 77. This kid is going to be the leading scorer for UK. Patrick Patterson is way low at 81. DeAndre Liggins is also higher than a 72.

I know I am biased, but when 2K added the alltime Kentucky team I was through the roof happy. It provided tons of replay value. I love being able to play with Rex Chapman, Tayshaun Prince, Keith Bogans, Dan Issel, Sam Bowie, Louie Dampier, Mashburn, Kenny Walker, etc. is what I am really hoping for.

Those players that did not exist in 2K (Chuck Hayes, Rondo, Randolph Morris, Melvin Turpin, etc), I could create using the previous versions of the game. I was able to disperse them on other classic UK teams. I have 4 all-time UK teams now!

PLEASE EA HEAR ME!!! I can deal with the less than fluid gameplay, I can deal with the hunched over players... but I need some replay value! Being able to use classic teams on-line is a HUGE step in the right direction! You also need to add QUITE A FEW more names in the directory. I can't even spell Stevenson correctly. Liggins is MIA and many others.

Give Patrick Patterson the ratings and afro he deserves and give me more of the Cats!

PS: Thanks for making sure they had the updated uniforms, but 1996 Cats had a denim look.

Last edited by YankeeCpt; 11-18-2008 at 11:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »