Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #241
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnati
something ive noticed and it may be just because i havnet played it enough (just once since downloading and what ive seen in videos posted) that the dunks are kind of week. i have not seen a dunk where the players hangs on the rim. i want to see nasty, power, hang on the rim dunks. not every time but a good mix.
I had a nasty one with Patterson from UK. He went baseline and threw down a two-handed monster dunk and hung for a second but that's about it. That's the best one of I've seen so far in about 10 games of the demo. Maybe those kind only occur once every few games or something. That's not a problem for me though. I don't see too many guys hanging on the rim in college because of technical fouls anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 10:23 AM   #242
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Well, I played the demo again last night. I had been a bit iffy about this game after my initial play through. The game is definitely growing on me again and in a very good way. I don't think you can really compare it to 2K8 as they really are two completely different games. The 2K series without a doubt it more sim, and this game is faster paced and reminds me of the old March Madness games back on the old Playstation 1. Back when the message boards weren't littered with criticism, I played the game and loved it.

I'm really enjoying the looseness (if that's a way to describe this demo) of the game and what it allows me the gamer to do. It's a bit more arcadey, but I'm finding that I prefer this type of pace than what I've been accustomed to with 2K. So, I guess I'll be one of the few guinea pigs to pick up this game on release day and give you my impressions of the retail version.

It also helps that Kansas will be well represented with four of their classic teams.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #243
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

I am really on the fence about this game. I don't know if I should get this or not. The demo is ok. Not great, but not bad.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #244
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Darnit guys, I wasn't planning on buying this game this year. I was planning on just using new rosters for CHoops 2k8. But, after hearing the positive vibes here, I will have to at least try the demo. Now, I still have to pick up a hockey game, and NBA game this year. I was waiting since I am finishing some NCAA Football and MLB 08 the Show seasons, not to mention I have hardly played Madden 09 yet (from what I hear that may be a good thing).

Last edited by DrUrsus; 11-13-2008 at 02:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #245
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like the demo. It has a real wide open feel and it looks far better than College Hoops that at times felt a bit scripted and graphics weren't great. No basketball will ever be perfect but I see the potential in this game to be great. I think after player ratings are fixed completely and some slider adjustments that this game has the potential to at least match College Hoops. I dont know about yall but I can't play College Hoops after NBA 2K9 because of the overwhelming graphic drop off of CH. Thats just my opinion though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #246
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Got to play 3 games today, and I really loved itt. I do have one pretty big complaint, when there is a loose ball only the CPU team goes after if, my team has never been near it and that will irk me. I'm hoping that it was just because it was a small sample size of games. Otherwise, I'm having a blast with it, and will probably pick it up first or second day.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #247
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm in the minority here, but I don't like the demo.

It plays too much like an NBA game IMO.

If I bought it, I could see it collecting dust after about a week.

I'm not getting this.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #248
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Man I am just falling in love with this game. I love that you can 'fast break off a make', something you couldn't do in 2K8. I actually got a 10 second call against UK when I was pressing with Tenn too.

The classic camera is definitely where it's at. It lets you see up the floor enough to have a better transition game than the broadcast view but still gives you a great angle to see what's going on in the half court set. Since I switched to the classic cam my anticipation to another level.

The game isn't gonna be as realistic as some want it to be but this game is gonna be fun as hell to play all winter. Well, after we spend six weeks getting the rosters straightened out.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »