Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-07-2008, 03:20 AM   #121
Banned

OVR: 11
I don't use and never have used any sliders in a game. I don't adjust what the game makers programmed. 2K series of basketball, as always exceeded expectations and had cutting edge graphics over LIVE Series. You guys still have two buttons to shoot those strange looking shots? lmao. Please never start an EA vs 2k war with basketball, Ea wins with Madden, slightly, but have been way over there head in basketball, please, to reply would prove you're an a hole. 2k basketball has been FOR YEARS better than LIVE, just because you few followers are just catching on, doesn't mean its only been great since you gotta copy, Its been great for years. Same ole LIVE engine, they say its new, they say this and say that, and you still have two buttons to shoot/dunk. still the biggest joke that they can't program shooting animations and get the right one to come out depending on the situation. Two whole buttons to shoot. stupid. Just give me a big ole break about any basketball from LIVE and eA Canada. lmao. lmao. lmao. People that come on forums and post that LIVE has better player models or animation or spacing or control or stats or anything, needs to get Peter Moore's fathead picture off their room wall. EA makes money off an inferior product with inferior people falling for the marketing tricks. made fresh everyday? great. 2K brand basketball just bettter. I'm not 12 or 21 either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 03:37 AM   #122
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
I don't use and never have used any sliders in a game. I don't adjust what the game makers programmed. 2K series of basketball, as always exceeded expectations and had cutting edge graphics over LIVE Series. You guys still have two buttons to shoot those strange looking shots? lmao. Please never start an EA vs 2k war with basketball, Ea wins with Madden, slightly, but have been way over there head in basketball, please, to reply would prove you're an a hole. 2k basketball has been FOR YEARS better than LIVE, just because you few followers are just catching on, doesn't mean its only been great since you gotta copy, Its been great for years. Same ole LIVE engine, they say its new, they say this and say that, and you still have two buttons to shoot/dunk. still the biggest joke that they can't program shooting animations and get the right one to come out depending on the situation. Two whole buttons to shoot. stupid. Just give me a big ole break about any basketball from LIVE and eA Canada. lmao. lmao. lmao. People that come on forums and post that LIVE has better player models or animation or spacing or control or stats or anything, needs to get Peter Moore's fathead picture off their room wall. EA makes money off an inferior product with inferior people falling for the marketing tricks. made fresh everyday? great. 2K brand basketball just bettter. I'm not 12 or 21 either.
Let's begin where you are right and wrong!

Where you are right!!!

2k basketball over the years has been the superior basketball and has been kicking the Live series butt.

How do I know?

Because I've been one of the biggest 2kfans in history, even did free marketing for them 2 years in a row to boost their series when people were overlooking them.

Where you are wrong?

No one is on here trying to hype up Live and EA and all that blah blah! No one is starting a 2k vs EA war!

We (me, sage, dave, and a lot more) Are some of the biggest 2k guys on the planet that are officially frustrated with the series. Remember with that piece of **** Live 07 came out and the Live nation went into a up roar.

Well same scenario. 2k9 Great presentation, amazing animations (oh and by the way No one said Live 09 animated better than 2k9)(2k9 has more animations and are more fluid) But Live's graphics engine is better, the footplanting and movement of the players are more realistic.

For the first time in who knows how long 2k9 has a major sliding issue. And a extremely off balanced A.I.

Even on default everything Live 09 plays better, with less animations!

The separate shot buttons on the control scheme doesn't mean it's the same engine. If you know anything about programming you can give any engine the same control scheme. If it ain't broke why fix it. Nothing wrong with have a layup button and a shot button. More control for the user. Free style for the first time in history is controlled by us and not the CPU.

Where in 2k9. Isomotion is completely broken. Even Ch2k8 has better controls than NBA 2k9.

Where your wrong even more??? Or should I say Moore!!!!

You shouldn't be so disrespectful to Peter Moore, because if it wasn't for him, his money and vision. 2ksports series wouldn't exist. It's because of him that they made it as far as they did. He was the original publisher and marketer before Sega gave them to Take-Two! Who have done nothing but run them into the ground.

See how I love how people come in here and talk a bunch of crap, without knowing the original backgrounds of everything.

This is why Me, Sage, Tomba, Dave, and a lot more can be less bias and give the opinions. Because we are gamers and fans of series, without the ignorance of the fanboyism.

Peace and Hair grease...

Sorry mods for having to post this in reply in the impressions thread.

I love NCAA Basketball 09 ( again day 1 purchase)

Last edited by Behindshadows; 11-07-2008 at 03:41 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:43 AM   #123
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Let's begin where you are right and wrong!

Where you are right!!!

2k basketball over the years has been the superior basketball and has been kicking the Live series butt.

How do I know?

Because I've been one of the biggest 2kfans in history, even did free marketing for them 2 years in a row to boost their series when people were overlooking them.

Where you are wrong?

No one is on here trying to hype up Live and EA and all that blah blah! No one is starting a 2k vs EA war!

We (me, sage, dave, and a lot more) Are some of the biggest 2k guys on the planet that are officially frustrated with the series. Remember with that piece of **** Live 07 came out and the Live nation went into a up roar.

Well same scenario. 2k9 Great presentation, amazing animations (oh and by the way No one said Live 09 animated better than 2k9)(2k9 has more animations and are more fluid) But Live's graphics engine is better, the footplanting and movement of the players are more realistic.

For the first time in who knows how long 2k9 has a major sliding issue. And a extremely off balanced A.I.

Even on default everything Live 09 plays better, with less animations!

The separate shot buttons on the control scheme doesn't mean it's the same engine. If you know anything about programming you can give any engine the same control scheme. If it ain't broke why fix it. Nothing wrong with have a layup button and a shot button. More control for the user. Free style for the first time in history is controlled by us and not the CPU.

Where in 2k9. Isomotion is completely broken. Even Ch2k8 has better controls than NBA 2k9.

Where your wrong even more??? Or should I say Moore!!!!

You shouldn't be so disrespectful to Peter Moore, because if it wasn't for him, his money and vision. 2ksports series wouldn't exist. It's because of him that they made it as far as they did. He was the original publisher and marketer before Sega gave them to Take-Two! Who have done nothing but run them into the ground.

See how I love how people come in here and talk a bunch of crap, without knowing the original backgrounds of everything.

This is why Me, Sage, Tomba, Dave, and a lot more can be less bias and give the opinions. Because we are gamers and fans of series, without the ignorance of the fanboyism.

Peace and Hair grease...

Sorry mods for having to post this in reply in the impressions thread.

I love NCAA Basketball 09 ( again day 1 purchase)
Great post, but I can't believe you even entertained his post

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 11-07-2008, 03:45 AM   #124
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz

Okay, no 2k vs. EA please. Thanks.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 11-07-2008, 03:47 AM   #125
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:

Where you are wrong?
I'm not really frustrated with the 2k series.
I just enjoy Live more this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 03:53 AM   #126
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I'm not really frustrated with the 2k series.
I just enjoy Live more this year.
Sorry! - Dave not frustrated but is Enjoying Live 09 more!

Updated lol

P.S. he likes the NCAA Basketball 09 too! (but don't tell no body!)

Last edited by Behindshadows; 11-07-2008 at 04:12 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:05 AM   #127
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Sorry! - Dave not frustrated but is Enjoying Live 09 more!

Updated lol

P.S. he likes the NCAA Basketball 09 demo too! (but don't tell no body!)
Actually ... I haven't even downloaded the demo. I played the full game at the community event and feel spoiled. I probably won't download the demo.
That said, I think this game is a day one buy.
I gained a lot of respect for the guys at EA Canada after the community event.
I know everyone thinks EA is the evil empire (and they may be), but guys like Sean O'Brien, Connor Dougan and Novell Thomas impressed the heck out of me.
They are trying ... and that's all we can ask.
I don't see those three as the evil empire - just three guys who want to impress the hell out of us (sports gamers).
Old 11-07-2008, 04:23 AM   #128
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Well I just played it and I have mixed feelings.

I won't lie, my heart is with CH2K8 and before today, planned on getting a roster update and being content. However, I figured I'd play this and give it a fair shake.

I haven't played the EA college basketball series in sometime.

Graphics are very nice. Some of the off the ball moves I saw were pretty sweet. I had an up and under that was a thing of beauty.

I wasn't a big fan of the controls. I felt better in my 2nd game than my first but something just didn't seem right to me. I felt like I couldn't do certain things.

At the end of the day, I'm glad I gave this demo a shot. I certainly have a more positive image of EA's product but I don't think it was enough to move me to a 1st day purchase or even a purchase period. However, with more in-depth impressions after release with perhaps a rental, I could end up getting it.
What I'm Currently Listening To

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »