Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2008, 02:36 AM   #497
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

Here's Kobe:

Again, I tried to force the CPU to do things minimally, though I did call some plays rather than hoping that the PG did. This is basically just getting me ramped up for Team Play and Be A Pro modes, because the AI definitely isn't finished in the demo. IF you force the action yourself, you can run some nice plays.

BTW, to set picks without the ball on offense, hold L-trigger, nestle right up against the guy you wanna pick and hope he moves. It will be great with another user who can intelligently use your picks, but I was able to set some to free the CPU (mostly downscreens... they kept turning up/down the court rather than left/right to set picks).

Heh, one of my favorite moments at 3:35... the two high-fives in the background... you can hear the individual slaps... nice little touches. Same with when they clap after a foul or on the bench. LOL @ "Space Cadet" Radmanovic looking backwards at the crowd instead of at the game.

That Jesus Shuttlesworth steal/dunk was probably one of the smoothest-looking plays that I've seen in my time with the demo... animations looked perfect, and he really overplayed that lane to get the interception. As Reuben said, with all the flaws that I'm seeing, I've been playiing this demo exclusively since it came out and keep coming back for more (and am enjoying it).

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 09-07-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:07 AM   #498
MVP

OVR: 24

Sooo, let me get this straight: The shooting system has little to do with pressure sensitivity and actual player control, and more to do with a lining up a green light that we have absolutely no time to pay attention to?!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:17 AM   #499
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

No, there is definitely timing involved in the releases... and you don't need the meter to know you've released it correctly. I have noticed the arc thing that Beluba mentioned -- like that Kobe 3 in the player lock video, it had hella arc and that is supposed to indicate a perfect release. You'll notice some of the missed shots are low arc, which indicates early/late from what I understand.

The meter is just in practice... you're complaining about nothing.. 2K8 had a much worse shot rating system in practice mode that was totally unreliable (early/perfect/late release meant little).

And no basketball game has anything to do with pressure sensitivity -- it's how long you hold the button...

And finally (after like 3 hours of uploading combined) is the Practice Gym video:

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 09-07-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:37 AM   #500
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
No, there is definitely timing involved in the releases... and you don't need the meter to know you've released it correctly. I have noticed the arc thing that Beluba mentioned -- like that Kobe 3 in the player lock video, it had hella arc and that is supposed to indicate a perfect release. You'll notice some of the missed shots are low arc, which indicates early/late from what I understand.

The meter is just in practice... you're complaining about nothing.. 2K8 had a much worse shot rating system in practice mode that was totally unreliable (early/perfect/late release meant little).

And no basketball game has anything to do with pressure sensitivity -- it's how long you hold the button...

And finally (after like 3 hours of uploading combined) is the Practice Gym video:
Oh! I totally forgot it's only for practice. My bad.

On another note: I finally figured out the mechanics for ankle-breakers and all of the other moves, and I must say, the animations look very nice! I think some people might not figure them out and get frustrated and give up on the game. But just keep pressin' the R trigger in junction with the right stick, combined with the left stick. The hesitation dribbles, fakes, spins-they look sic!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:50 AM   #501
Rookie

OVR: 11

Live 09 came out good, not great. Kind of gave me a 2k feel without actually being 2k, but my only complaint is that when I just let the com. play the PG's still dominate a little bit.
HARTFORD WHALERS

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 05:03 AM   #502
Pro

OVR: 6

Why does all the body of the players tend to bounce when they're running...and shooting and jogging...it's just so gay. Observe carefully...that's what it feels like when you watch the entire scene.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:51 AM   #503
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO32
Live 09 came out good, not great. Kind of gave me a 2k feel without actually being 2k, but my only complaint is that when I just let the com. play the PG's still dominate a little bit.
In stumbleweed's Rondo lock video Fisher completely dominates, with Kobe taking like one shot.

One thing I also noticed from the videos is the fact that many times there is goaltending on rebounds which is not called.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:20 AM   #504
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

This game looks like its going to be pure CRACK

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »