Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #473
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by İroke
No. I mean control a player (specific position) through the complete game.

I think its in the controller setup menu. Right under Select sice in the Pause Menu. Hope you can find it.
Woah, nice -- I found it. It's right where you said -- option at the top of "Control Settings" in the pause menu. Thanks a lot, that makes the demo even more awesome. Talk about feature-packed... full sliders, cameras, ratings, DNA, hotspots, commentary, full adjustable playbooks, and 3 different games to play (DNA/rosters)... All it's missing is replay and the 2nd half. Haha, I hate how it starts the 3rd but that end screen comes up... c**ktease EA.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #474
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Why dont you guys pause with .1 sec left and hit rematch like Czar suggested?

Can you not do that?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #475
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Why dont you guys pause with .1 sec left and hit rematch like Czar suggested?

Can you not do that?
You can even pause it while they're walking to the back for halftime
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #476
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Dna seems to be working and its pretty sweet. After a large sample size I can see a difference between how Kobe played before and after Gasol. I got you Dre' ...
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #477

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
You can even pause it while they're walking to the back for halftime
Yeah I found that out but you better be quick though... LOL
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #478
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Dna seems to be working and its pretty sweet. After a large sample size I can see a difference between how Kobe played before and after Gasol. I got you Dre' ...

Thanks Czar

Hearing some of you guys talk about this game the way you are for this long has me in cant wait mode now.

Im trying to play out the can't waits by playing Live 08 but it aint working
Old 09-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #479

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnerwlf98

Maybe I'm just going about the wrong way to play 09. Is there a better strategy to go about controlling the action?
Warnerwlf what up BABY !!! Thanks for you comments glad to be helpful. To enjoy live 09 you have to forget everything you may like or enjoy or understand about 2k sports games. Its the only way to get locked in enough to enjoy what live is doing right.

The key for me was understanding when I don't have control. There are certain animations that live "helps" you out with like the automatic jump back with dribble animation when your being guarded.

What i have found happens is during one of these automatic animations your trying to do something which is not responsive because its automatic and you don't realize your not in control. so you stop moving and the animation stops and then another might kick in...

The offense and defense is a timing based system it seems so you have to let a dribble animation play out until you get to a break point which is simular to reading a defense. Last year the quick strike would allow you to branch out at anytime. Which made it much more responsive and at the same time unrealistic because depending on what move I do in real life. If the ball is in between my hand and the floor I can't just magically do another move.

Go into practice mode and without using turbo just use the right stick and move it right and watch the animation and then practice the timing of when to go to the basket.

I hope I explained that well enough for you to get. Once you get a feel for that do the same thing but crossover. The whole control scheme seems built around that timing so once you get it down you add moves in the same timing and then break that timing when your going to the rim.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #480
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Warnerwlf what up BABY !!! Thanks for you comments glad to be helpful. To enjoy live 09 you have to forget everything you may like or enjoy or understand about 2k sports games. Its the only way to get locked in enough to enjoy what live is doing right.

The key for me was understanding when I don't have control. There are certain animations that live "helps" you out with like the automatic jump back with dribble animation when your being guarded.

What i have found happens is during one of these automatic animations your trying to do something which is not responsive because its automatic and you don't realize your not in control. so you stop moving and the animation stops and then another might kick in...

The offense and defense is a timing based system it seems so you have to let a dribble animation play out until you get to a break point which is simular to reading a defense. Last year the quick strike would allow you to branch out at anytime. Which made it much more responsive and at the same time unrealistic because depending on what move I do in real life. If the ball is in between my hand and the floor I can't just magically do another move.

Go into practice mode and without using turbo just use the right stick and move it right and watch the animation and then practice the timing of when to go to the basket.

I hope I explained that well enough for you to get. Once you get a feel for that do the same thing but crossover. The whole control scheme seems built around that timing so once you get it down you add moves in the same timing and then break that timing when your going to the rim.
Hey, thanks for the response. I'll give it a try. I finally broke down and got a live subscription. I have to hit you up for a CHoops game sometime.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »