Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #457
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Yes i notice that but there needs to be MUCH MUCH More then that in any sports game..im over at madden forums trying to get the dev's to hear me on this. Its so vital to put huge amounts of atmsophere into a sports game..sports games THRIVE on this sort of thing. Think about it when your at home with family and friends watching a NFL or NBA game.. when stuff like that happens in the real game your watching.. it pumps you up just seeing on tv right? Or how when players celebrate after big plays,etc ... along with the pregame stuff, half time stuff, and post time stuff... sports games NEED atmosphere, period and a little dont cut it..they need ALOT OF IT.

Same with the NBA Playoffs in LIVE... madden has this same issue that its Playoff games feel no diffrent then its preseason games...sorry to say this an dim sure you all know what im saying anyways but LIVE hasnt did much on this neither....really, there hasnt been any videogame but NFL2k5 that even tried enhancing the atmosphere for its playoffs and championship games.. this NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED... us gamers what to be rewarded with something when we make it into the playoffs and superbowl, championship games,etc
Excellent point, there is no difference in nba playoffs in videogames except the floor. Also 2k8 they tend to, in regular season games go tooo crazy at times, instead of in the fourth when it's a tight game.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #458
Pro

OVR: 3

Anyone played with Player Lock on?

I just did it with Kobe and the flow of the game is ten times better. This makes me think that the weird CPU offensive decisions happen because of my bad defense.

Using one player I can fit better with my man, and the CPU moves the ball around the perimeter searching for a good shot.

In the offensive side, as I don't call the plays, a spot appears in the court, indicating me where I have to stay to start the play.

And all of these to say that Be a Pro mode will be extremely fun. I played a lot of BAP in FIFA 08, and I'm impressed with the same mode in the NHL 09 demo. Very cool idea by EA. Gotta love trying with Rudy Fernandez and some others of my favourites.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #459
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Yes i notice that but there needs to be MUCH MUCH More then that in any sports game..im over at madden forums trying to get the dev's to hear me on this. Its so vital to put huge amounts of atmsophere into a sports game..sports games THRIVE on this sort of thing. Think about it when your at home with family and friends watching a NFL or NBA game.. when stuff like that happens in the real game your watching.. it pumps you up just seeing on tv right? Or how when players celebrate after big plays,etc ... along with the pregame stuff, half time stuff, and post time stuff... sports games NEED atmosphere, period and a little dont cut it..they need ALOT OF IT.

Same with the NBA Playoffs in LIVE... madden has this same issue that its Playoff games feel no diffrent then its preseason games...sorry to say this an dim sure you all know what im saying anyways but LIVE hasnt did much on this neither....really, there hasnt been any videogame but NFL2k5 that even tried enhancing the atmosphere for its playoffs and championship games.. this NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED... us gamers what to be rewarded with something when we make it into the playoffs and superbowl, championship games,etc
. EA really needs of heavy dose of this.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #460
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

I like the demo a lot and I'll probably get the game but my one major complaint is defender jump. I swear I press jump to try to block a shot and about 5 seconds later the guy leaves his feet. Kind of annoying.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #461
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
I like the demo a lot and I'll probably get the game but my one major complaint is defender jump. I swear I press jump to try to block a shot and about 5 seconds later the guy leaves his feet. Kind of annoying.
I agree whole heartedly. And half the time the player jumps the oppisite direction of the shooter. It seems that the controls are pretty unresponsive and turn me off from this game a bit, BUT, this is game will definitley warrant a purchase this year just for a change of pace to 2k9. I have a $50 Ebay gift card waiting for Live
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 06:20 PM   #462
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Here's another video that I made last night but forgot to post here. Nothing too special -- just some more gameplay (and I check some Lakers hotspots, so you can see those also) for those fiending because of PSN or whatever.

My camera was zoomed in a little bit to far, so part of the right side was cut off (like when Kobe got fouled on the deep right corner shot). I'll make another vid tonight probably using the Celtics.

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 09-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #463
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Here's another video that I made last night but forgot to post here. Nothing too special -- just some more gameplay (and I check some Lakers hotspots, so you can see those also) for those fiending because of PSN or whatever.

My camera was zoomed in a little bit to far, so part of the right side was cut off (like when Kobe got fouled on the deep right corner shot). I'll make another vid tonight probably using the Celtics.
@5:56, first time I've seen the ball spin out of the rim. Very nice!

@Vujacic showing off his And1 dribbling skills.

Nice video.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #464
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Thanks Stumble and I find it amazing neither Chase nor Pared went on in their reviews and QA's about unresponsive shot blocking

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »