Home

FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #25
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
hopefully the euro 2008 generic stadia are in the game instead of that goddamned estadio de la artes.

I'm sick of that stadium.

I hope that if they don't have a ton of authentic stadiums that they have like 6 generic stadiums that they use randomly for teams without real stadiums.
But we all live in denial
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #26
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I never thought I would see the day when the summer football titles would be a stopgap for me between NHL and FIFA instead of being the feature attractions of the annual sports games releases. Can't wait for this.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
Two things I'm interested in since most of my other questions have already been answered: Are player stats laid out differently/better in the menus? It's way too hard to effectively compare two players now as #1 they only show you 5 or 6 key stats and #2 they're all the same color. Any color coding a la pro evo? (95 and up is red, 90-95 is orange etc)?

Also can I choose to have a defender come up for all corners? (a la Terry and Vidic for example)
Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #28
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I never thought I would see the day when the summer football titles would be a stopgap for me between NHL and FIFA instead of being the feature attractions of the annual sports games releases. Can't wait for this.
Strange, huh? I'm the same way. Maybe next year it'll be level across the board. The sad thing is I can't remember how long it's been that I'm actually waiting for the newest EA Sports games. They really are getting it together. Maybe they aren't the Devil, after all.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 8

Can you please tell me if you guys finally added a lot of stadiums???i mean,for a game with a huge amount of teams it is really disappointing to see just a few stadiums.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #30
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic_BR
Can you please tell me if you guys finally added a lot of stadiums???i mean,for a game with a huge amount of teams it is really disappointing to see just a few stadiums.
They added 15 more stadiums this year. Not really sure which ones as of yet.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3
Any chance of a creation centre similar to pro evos for creating teams , editing strips and boots creating player/editing players, i know fifa does have some of these but not on the level as pro evo does?

any practice mode where actual drills are being run and ur created player can actually benefit from it sorta like fight night style how after each training sessions your stats increase then come to game day if your player scores a few they would raise again

Add some passion to the derbies like aggression levels rise and speed and the crowd are alot louder then normal games.......same for cup finals and have the crowd colours split so if you were to play liverpool vs everton at anfield you would see the players going out to a sea of red in the crowd and vice versa?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 11:47 PM   #32
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Strange, huh? I'm the same way. Maybe next year it'll be level across the board. The sad thing is I can't remember how long it's been that I'm actually waiting for the newest EA Sports games. They really are getting it together. Maybe they aren't the Devil, after all.
Yeah I'm really impressed with the efforts of the FIFA and NHL brand by the guys in Vancouver over the last few years and it seems to have become an example for the work going on down at Tiburon. Overall, fun times ahead, I do think that the football games are still behind NHL and FIFA at this time, so I can't wait to see which one of those two ends up being my crown jewel this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »