Home

FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-01-2008, 02:30 AM   #9
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Loving most of it. Where are the Manager Mode questions? And I'm hoping that the CPU defense really is better, not just they now have "super goalies"
to cover for bad D AI. But I'm lovin' the injuries on headers. Cool. Refs on pitch, confirmed. What about celebrations,though? Kinda wanting that. Must have this game. Now..........
Old 07-01-2008, 02:42 AM   #10
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
What about celebrations
Oooh yeah. Celebrating on someone when you score a goal is great fun in Euro this summer....hope that makes it into FIFA.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:59 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
I wonder how much of these "tactics" will actually come off in the game.... i got a couple of questions/ideas:

can we have the option to drive the ball in off the corner on the PS3 version like you could on Fifa 08 on PS2....using circle?

Instead of making it a "tactic" to send the keeper up in the last minutes of the game why just have the option to press L1 like Fifa 08 on PS2?

Not having the players so slow to react to everything from defence to attack like always getting in the way of each other ....and in attack when im pushing through with a midfielder why does my striker keep running offside even when im not pressing the button for him to make a run happens alot when im either just outside or on the 18 yard line or just infront of halfway?

make the refs consistant like the computer seems to get away with the majority of what i would call "soft" free kicks where as when i commit the same thing i get pulled up for it 9 times outta 10

Individualise free kicks to the player that takes them and to their style as in run up and technique i.e. C. Ronaldos dipping power drives....Beckhams placed curlers?

What about Nicolas Anelka's Hand celebration will be seeing this in 09?

Apart from those few .... i still have alot of questions but will just keep it to that at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 03:06 AM   #12
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Man, you just brought up something we have yet to see answered and is concerning that it isn't a "bullet point" selling pitch: handballs. Must not have made the cut. If so, bummer........

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 17
The hype for this game is 2nd only to madden, too bad I don't believe half of what this guy is saying.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 AM   #14
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Man, you just brought up something we have yet to see answered and is concerning that it isn't a "bullet point" selling pitch: handballs. Must not have made the cut. If so, bummer........
Yeah, I don't think handballs will be put back in FIFA. People probably complained too much about it costing them games and not being able to control a players hand blah blah blah. I'd love to see'em back, but I doubt it will happen.

I'd also like to be able to take the ball to the corner flag to kill off games, but I doubt we can do that. The players are too twitchy to navigate them to the corner flag and protect the ball there.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:13 AM   #15
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Oooh yeah. Celebrating on someone when you score a goal is great fun in Euro this summer....hope that makes it into FIFA.
I read that this will be in there I just can't seem to find it now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3
Seriously? He didn't know what you meant by quick restart?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »