Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 vs Madden NFL 08 Part One

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 vs Madden NFL 08 Part One within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 vs Madden NFL 08 Part One

I'm standing at a distance on this one, but I will say that Madden 08's ring feature is one of the most worthless additions to a Madden game in a long time.

It should be noted also that, regardless how it compares to Madden's franchise mode, NFL2K5's franchise mode was not perfect and had a few bugs in it as well; namely, rampant trades by the computer (particularly in the preseason), and the computer only drafting specific positions in first round of draft (QB, RB, OT, and DE, if I recall).

Also, while not a bug, the touted Weekly Prep addition, while neat in concept, was given little explanation in the game literature with regard to how to use it, and was very tedious in execution.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Let's not forget FULL Online League Support:

ADVANTAGE 2K5
Old 06-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #11
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
The Presentation alone in 2K5 is enough to trump any Madden next gen game so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Some constructive criticism...

Most madden/2k debates have a gray area created by the people that haven't really played the other game. Here you didn't really talk about Madden's features in a couple of areas besides to say it's about the same as the last version. This doesn't really say anything to anyone that hasn't played that version.

Also, as mentioned, the 2k5 franchise mode was far from perfect and I'm definitely a huge 2k5 fan. It was the biggest complaint by those that loved and hated the game. I also think Madden's mini camps deserves a bit more credit. 2k5's practice mode is a great place to learn the game but I really think it could've helped EVERYONE if it was more structured like the way EA does with Madden.

I'm defending the evil empire a bit, but I agree with your assessment.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #13
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
at the time, madden 05 for the old gen had the better franchise. however, the fact that madden 08 for the next gen hasnt improved on the madden old gen, means you have to give a huge nod to 2k5. ea has had several years and more powerful hardware to work with.

as far as the 2k5 franchise bugs, the draft had features that were awesome. the combine was fun and the weekly wrapup were awesome. the 1st round glitch made for house rules to be used but it was workable. the trade glitch was fixed if you moved the injury slider up to 26 or so.

the presentation killed 08. the ability to play any replay in the game was beyond its time.

however, after seeing some videos, this is the first year (09) in a looooooong time, i believe madden may have presentation worth seeing.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #14
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
I dont think he quite went in to the weekly preparation enough I used that alot during chise' and wow it was great. I got a kick out of it
Old 06-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
I only recently have been able to try out Madden 08 and it's for the PC, which happens to be lauded as the best version by Madden-ites. Although it's very early, I can tell already that there's just that "something" about Madden that doesn't give you the feel like you're watching an NFL game like K5 does. I know the K5 naysayers point to the need for this game to have an editor to play correctly, but this is easily mirrored by Madden and the PC utilities available and used.

My only suggestion for these future blogs is to get a bit more in depth than what is "neat" and what isn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #16
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
I only recently have been able to try out Madden 08 and it's for the PC, which happens to be lauded as the best version by Madden-ites. Although it's very early, I can tell already that there's just that "something" about Madden that doesn't give you the feel like you're watching an NFL game like K5 does. I know the K5 naysayers point to the need for this game to have an editor to play correctly, but this is easily mirrored by Madden and the PC utilities available and used.

My only suggestion for these future blogs is to get a bit more in depth than what is "neat" and what isn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »