Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2008, 12:19 AM   #121
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
Haha, so it's wrong for someone to defend the game when they like it but when you or others say the game is terrible we're supposed to sit back and just nod in agreement?

Laughable.

The double standard here is hilarious.

Defend the game and you're a fanboy that doesn't know anything about baseball. But if you say you don't like the game then you're a genius? And when those that like the game call people on that then you guys turn it back on us.

Wow, OS. Wow.
Dogs you must have tons of 2k shares. The way you defend 2k you must be chairman or Ceo of ttwo.The game is steps backwards. 2k has the best baseketball and football games but baseball is not there. I really liked 2k7 but this is a disappointment and its obvious I'm not the only one who thinks so
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #122
Pro

The Gamer's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I really liked 2k7 but this is a disappointment and its obvious I'm not the only one who thinks so
But if a person is getting enjoyment out of the game, does it matter at all what anyone else thinks? I know I don't give a damn.

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/bhoward1968

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr
Old 03-21-2008, 12:38 AM   #123
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Let's see, the things he touches on in this article, in order, are...

- Dull presentation
- The commentary is repetitive
- Lack of new replays and cut scenes
- Hard to read batter card
- Throws in that he likes 2K Beats

It takes the author until the NINTH paragraph to even mention the game play. NINTH! And outside of a brief paragraph discussing pitching and the fact that it "takes too long to do" he summarizes the game play as...

A few sentences on the pitching interface and then the above quote is all he has to say about the entire gameplay package in this game. That's it?!

I'm sorry, but this could possibly be the worst article I have ever seen posted on this site. I've said it a hundred times on this site, everyone complained last year that the gameplay was what need to be fixed from 2K7. So 2K goes out and does that and now every tears the other aspects of the games to shreds. Brutal.
I agree- this is definitely one of the less convincing articles on the site. The funny thing was that he writes that he already "mastered" the system last year. Well, if he mastered analog pitching last year, I don't know what game he was playing because 2K definitely didn't have it.

Well if this author asked for a refund for this game, I shudder to think what he wanted for Madden 06/07 or Nba Live- based on the quality of those games, I think he would have had to be paid to even play those games!

Now, I think 2K faltered big time and I'm waiting for a patch before I buy it. However, I expected better from an article from this site.

Last edited by Spectre; 03-21-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:19 AM   #124
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Dogs you must have tons of 2k shares. The way you defend 2k you must be chairman or Ceo of ttwo.The game is steps backwards. 2k has the best baseketball and football games but baseball is not there. I really liked 2k7 but this is a disappointment and its obvious I'm not the only one who thinks so
That 2K8 is a disappointment to you and others is clear...in YOUR opinion the game didn't live up to YOUR standards. That is completely okay...just as someone who is enjoying the game and feels it's a solid game has every right to his/her opinion. It doesn't make YOU wrong nor him/her wrong...it's just opinion.

In this day and age, however, I really don't think anyone has any wiggle room to complain if they purchase a game and find themselves unhappy with it. We saw plenty of gameplay vids, saw screenshots, read impressions, etc AND the option of renting is always there. In the end, if you aren't happy with your purchase, the onus is on YOU...
Old 03-21-2008, 04:54 AM   #125
Banned

OVR: 11

For the people enjoying the game, good for you..really..that's all that matters, that you have fun!!..that's what its all about! like the saying goes: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Me, I was disappointed in 2K. I'm sorry, but the second year of this game is terrible. This is my opinon of course.

I loved how last years 2K7 XBOX360 looked and it played real smooth. My son and I played for hours on-line. It was and still is a fun BB game.

I was hoping for 2K8 that they kept it all the same except fix a few issues like fielding and the franchise stuff which they did, but what happend to the graphics and framerate! I can't understand how some of you say it looks better then last years. I know my eyes are not like they used to be, but damn!! it looks like crap now and very choppy. Please, compare 2K7's vs 2K8's looks..2K7 looks so much nicer and smooth. Why oh Why!! WTF really happened to it?

Yes it's true, it does play a better baseball game then 2K7 with the new fielding, but everything else either they took out or is the same..I don't see anything different other playing with the minor leagues and the new batting/pitching/fielding with the stick which to me personally is more work then fun and I don't use it.

I know they are not done yet. I'm really hoping that 2K9 will be the "Ultimate" baseball video game. My excpectations for 2K9 will be very high and I know Ben Brinkman will come through and give us the game we all want/wanted? yes?..no? or am I dreaming?...lol!

peace
Ernesto

Last edited by NEWYORICAN; 03-21-2008 at 04:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2008, 07:45 AM   #126
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
\

I know they are not done yet. I'm really hoping that 2K9 will be the "Ultimate" baseball video game. My excpectations for 2K9 will be very high and I know Ben Brinkman will come through and give us the game we all want/wanted? yes?..no? or am I dreaming?...lol!

peace
Ernesto
love your optimism, but for me expectations are based on what i have experienced in the past. If I am expecting something not based on previous experience...well that is called hope. Now I can understand someone hoping or wanting the game to be better. But to expect that is to set yourself up for disappointment. Afterall, what past event are you basing your expectations for Brinkman and 2K9 on.

The guy has a history of making bad baseball games. Matter of fact his resume has more bad games than good games. So based on past history I expect a bad game from him filled with glitches, but with "innovations". If he passes my expectations i would be pleasantly surprised. For you, he will either meet expectations or you will be dissappointed...but if he falters next year...dont be upset with Brinkman at this point...you should be upset that you set unrealistic expectations.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #127
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
dogs do you own a a big portion of take two shares? I mean every negative comment seems to hit a nerve. I liked 2k7 alot but I'm a realist. This game was a step backwards. I'm not the only one who feels this way obviously
Nice. So now that I like the game I'm obviously a share holder. Damn EA and their ways. They are trying to buy us out!

Please, dude. Do you own shares in Sony because you love bringing down 2k.

See how stupid that sounded. That's what you remind me of when you say what I quoted.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

Last edited by CMH; 03-21-2008 at 09:10 AM. Reason: I originally wrote down how many shares I own but was advised against doing so by my lawyer.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #128
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
seriously, i have nothing against 2k or people who "defend" it but come on guys at least be real with yourself. take a deep breath, look at the big picture. regardless of who hates it or loves it, when we are all real, we agree this isnt a "good game" or a "complete game". this is a sad last attempt to make money by a company that is about to go under.
You still don't get it.

You still think that because you don't like the game that everyone else shouldn't like it.

You still think that if anyone does like it they are just not being "real" with themselves.

You still think wrong.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »