Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:36 PM   #89
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin
No I do not feel it is nearly as polished, but in my opinion The Show is downright boring and dull. It plays a good game of baseball if set up correctly, but it is to slow moving and I struggle to get in nine innings without dying of boredom. With 2K8 I can play 7-8 games in a row no problem. Basically I think it comes down to classic face button gameplay to exciting and new analog stick gameplay. Gameplay is what it's supposed to be about right? If that's the case 2K8 hands down.
Gameplay is what it's about. For my money the Show still beats it hands down. I think the Show is by far the more realistic representation of the sport. But I am with you, 2k8 is a fun game, and I do enjoy it. If they simply are able to clear up the framerate problems, I would enjoy it even more.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:37 PM   #90
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

I wish the frame rate was good in 2k8 because I love playing baseball online. However, the frame rate was absolutely terrible. So, I gave up on it and sold on Ebay to get most of my money back. I like the Show a whole hell of a lot, but the online gaming is just atrocious. If the show was on the 360 I think I would be in heaven.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #91
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Problem solved if people feel the investment of a PS3 is worth the price of playing a single game.

The writer was correct, for 360 only gamers, with a budget it is the only game in town. I feel bad for them no matter how great 2k8 is, as having your choices limited is never a good thing.

In all honesty you feel 2k8 is as polished as The Show?
Very few have even said that The Show sucks.

Most of the 2k8 fans I've seen here think The Show is a good product. I'm definitely one of them.

There are things I don't like about The Show but I would never say it's a bad game. Me calling The Show a bad game is in my opinion comparable to someone saying that 2k8 has terrible game play. It's just not true.

Now is 2k8 as polished as The Show? Of course not. The Show, while not being my favorite of the two, does have better commentary, better presentation, solid gameplay, and other great things.

I picked up 2k8 expecting the gameplay to improve and that's what I got. So I'm completely satisfied with the product.

Could it be better? Of course. I haven't seen many people that like 2k8 say that it's the most complete product in the world.

The real point is that people are crashing hard on 2k8 for it's mistakes. And rightfully so. It has frame rate issues. It still has old commentary. The presentation sucks. The crowd is non-existent most of the time.

But, as mentioned by Blzer, people were adament about 2k7 needing a gameplay updgrade before it could compete with The Show. 2k8 does that.

Now I understand that the other issues I consider little are major to others and therefore stop them from wanting to play the game for more than 3 hours. I'm not going to argue with someone that lets poor frame rate after a player affect them. The game is sikly smooth on the mound and the plate and runs at least 30 fps on the field. But I digress.

To round this off, what the crashers need to acknowledge is that people that enjoy 2k8 enjoy baseball for it's gameplay. It's not our fault that graphics and those other little things aren't as important to us. We just want solid baseball and 2k8 does most of that right. It's game play is comparable and just as good as The Show. That's a fact.

Your question was is it as polished? I answered no. And I would never say it is. But, when it comes to game play it's right there at the same level. That's why this game isn't "garbage" to me.

If the people that continue to downplay this product can't see that then perhaps they should see their way out. I'm all for offering an opinion but when your opinion is based on putting people down for disagreeing with you it's very hard for me or anyone else to respect you.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

Last edited by CMH; 03-20-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #92
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride

Most of the 2k8 fans I've seen here think The Show is a good product. I'm definitely one of them.

There are things I don't like about The Show but I would never say it's a bad game. Me calling The Show a bad game is in my opinion comparable to someone saying that 2k8 has terrible game play. It's just not true.

Now is 2k8 as polished as The Show? Of course not. The Show, while not being my favorite of the two, does have better commentary, better presentation, solid gameplay, and other great things.

I picked up 2k8 expecting the gameplay to improve and that's what I got. So I'm completely satisfied with the product.

Could it be better? Of course. I haven't seen many people that like 2k8 say that it's the most complete product in the world.

The real point is that people are crashing hard on 2k8 for it's mistakes. And rightfully so. It has frame rate issues. It still has old commentary. The presentation sucks. The crowd is non-existent most of the time.

But, as mentioned by Blzer, people were adament about 2k7 needing a gameplay updgrade before it could compete with The Show. 2k8 does that.

Now I understand that the other issues I consider little are major to others and therefore stop them from wanting to play the game for more than 3 hours. I'm not going to argue with someone that lets poor frame rate after a player affect them. The game is sikly smooth on the mound and the plate and runs at least 30 fps on the field. But I digress.

To round this off, what the crashers need to acknowledge is that people that enjoy 2k8 enjoy baseball for it's gameplay. It's not our fault that graphics and those other little things aren't as important to us. We just want solid baseball and 2k8 does most of that right. It's game play is comparable and just as good as The Show. That's a fact.

Your question was is it as polished? I answered no. And I would never say it is. But, when it comes to game play it's right there at the same level. That's why this game isn't "garbage" to me.

If the people that continue to downplay this product can't see that then perhaps they should see their ways out. I'm all for offering an opinion but when your opinion is based on putting people down for disagreeing with you it's very hard for me or anyone else to respect you.
30 fps on the field? No way man. It might average out around that number, but it is extremely choppy.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #93
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride

If the people that continue to downplay this product can't see that then perhaps they should see their way out. I'm all for offering an opinion but when your opinion is based on putting people down for disagreeing with you it's very hard for me or anyone else to respect you.
Where exactly did I put anyone down?

Nor is the game particularly smooth at the batter/pitcher interface for me, and I have a hard time believing it plays a steady 30 FPS on the field.

I agree it's a much improved game. And if a framerate fix can be found, I think it would be an even better game.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #94
Rookie

Amazin's Arena

OVR: 3

I do not want to turn this into The Show vs 2K8 but something that really bothers me is how I hear how realistic the animations are in The Show, yes they look great but do you ever get the feeling like your hardly ever actually controlling the players and the Player Models are not in any way better than 2K8, but enough of that back on topic.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #95
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

It's funny that many claim this game to be broken, yet my copy outside of some choppiness plays a helluva baseball game... Go figure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #96
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Where exactly did I put anyone down?

Nor is the game particularly smooth at the batter/pitcher interface for me, and I have a hard time believing it plays a steady 30 FPS on the field.

I agree it's a much improved game. And if a framerate fix can be found, I think it would be an even better game.
My bad, I specifically said the crashers because I wasn't talking about you. I just posted you because you asked a general question that got me into extending the answer.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »