Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #57
Rookie

Amazin's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizeezyc
Just FYI this won't be the last negative MLB 2K article this week. We have one more that takes it from a different angle. We also have a positive article in the works as well since not the entire staff is in agreement on the average quality of the game.

Just thought you guys should know.
How about taking a look at the negative aspects that are in The Show? Both games have there flaws and strengths but The Show is not The Holy Grail as Operation Sports Dedicated To Sports Gaming would seem to make you believe.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 6
2k7 > 2k8 in my opinion and I agree with this article about how crappy the game is.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #59
Rookie

Amazin's Arena

OVR: 3

Can I have my money back for The Show for being boring, dull, and really nothing new from last year? I didn't think so. Oh well I'll just keep playing it.

Last edited by Amazin; 03-20-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #60
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
People will defend this game till the end and i dont know why. It's like people must become lawyers of a game company

I agree with you.

Haha, so it's wrong for someone to defend the game when they like it but when you or others say the game is terrible we're supposed to sit back and just nod in agreement?

Laughable.

The double standard here is hilarious.

Defend the game and you're a fanboy that doesn't know anything about baseball. But if you say you don't like the game then you're a genius? And when those that like the game call people on that then you guys turn it back on us.

Wow, OS. Wow.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #61
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Are you sure your talking about OS Cause everybody i know thinks this game is horrible.
Maybe it's just everyone you know... According to this poll (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ough-rate.html), posted a few weeks ago, 73% of 88 OSers rated the game 7.0 or above. That's far from horrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 05:50 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin
The Show is not The Holy Grail as Operation Sports Dedicated To Sports Gaming would seem to make you believe.
Guess 2008 is the year of crazy baseball conspiracy theories. You and others think OS is out to hate on 2K8; others think Ben Brinkman lied about the framerate.

And BTW, where did my controller go?? I think my cat took it and hid it because I won't feed him an hour early.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #63
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

The "everyone I know" argument is the second worst argument I've ever heard on these boards. It's just behind "you're just justifying your purchase."

Everyone I know happens to like MLB2k8.

So I'm not sure where either of us is really going with this since it really doesn't help you or me. So what's the point of even saying it?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #64
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7

And BTW, where did my controller go?? I think my cat took it and hid it because I won't feed him an hour early.
Get a dog so he can fetch it for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »