Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
I personally agree. Having played both games this year, I was really really dissapointed with 2K8. Waiting anxiously for it this year again and it was a big let down. Just as he said, "Boring!". The fielding controls were the ONLY bright spot for me in this game. Pitching did feel like a chore to me.
Again, this is my personal opinion, the dudes that are into 2K8 well, more power to them. Me personally have switched to the show and Im satisfied.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #50
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Im really glad that OS does not care about pleasing fanboys. Im glad they gave this game exactly what it deserved a 6. This game went backwards. I gave up on 2k baseball. They make the best football and baseketball games but baseball is not on that level. I wouldnt be surprise or upset if they lose that 3rd party license.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Why do we need to read reviews and boards to make our decision? Do you read movie reviews, CD reviews before you make a decision to buy something? If i tried that philosophy, I'd miss out on a lot of great movies and music just because of one person's opinion. And that's all reviews are, opinions, not fact. Same with this article, opinion, not fact.
I am suggesting reading reviews particularly for this game because 2k has a bad track record when it comes to baseball. Plus reading would tell you alot of the problems before hand and peeps wouldnt wasted the time buying it. Especially when it comes to the framerate issue in which Brinkman directly lied....btw...i do look at movie review before I go to the movies, I read car reviews before I buy a car. Reviews give you information. This is super important because the last 2 have been subpar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #52
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
i dont get where half of you guys come off trying to defend 2k and this game. i have the game, i can enjoy it the way it is now. Lets be real with each other though. This game is garbage. this game is what mlb 2k6 should have been but not really cause the framerate sucks. this game is what MLB 2k5 should have been if it were released on the 360. instead of a solid playing baseball game im dealing with a company releasing a "new pitching mechanic" and new "13 zones of hitting" at the expense of acurate uniforms, fluid franchise, acurate up to date stadiums. i mean come on. basically since mlb 2k6, 2 years, we have some signature styles, a new pitching mechanic, more zones to hit out of and 2k beats can be used in game now. wow, i basically have paid 180$ for that. regardless if you guys are enjoying the game or not lets not kid ourselves and act like we are lucky to hve thi game and pretend its a good game. heck when i was a kid i had all kinds of toys. sometimes after the toy broke id still find some fun out of it. its like this game. i gotta say what im playing is total crap but whatever i can find ways to enjoy it since i have nothing else.

i understand how you guys say well the new pitching is cool, gameplay is improved, stop bashing the game. i get it. but take a minute look at the big picture then give your response. 2k deserves everything negative they get for putting out a game 3 years in a row that is well below what they should be putting out. end of story. there is no argument to that. the fact that they had a patch in the works prior to release, and their 3 year plan garbage pretty much makes this a fact.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #53
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomepatrol
Correct, everything you said above this is 100% inaccurate about the full retail game. Hysterically, the demo isn't plagued by this problem.
Retail is just as bad. So he's very accurate.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #54
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
i dont get where half of you guys come off trying to defend 2k and this game. i have the game, i can enjoy it the way it is now. Lets be real with each other though. This game is garbage. this game is what mlb 2k6 should have been but not really cause the framerate sucks. this game is what MLB 2k5 should have been if it were released on the 360. instead of a solid playing baseball game im dealing with a company releasing a "new pitching mechanic" and new "13 zones of hitting" at the expense of acurate uniforms, fluid franchise, acurate up to date stadiums. i mean come on. basically since mlb 2k6, 2 years, we have some signature styles, a new pitching mechanic, more zones to hit out of and 2k beats can be used in game now. wow, i basically have paid 180$ for that. regardless if you guys are enjoying the game or not lets not kid ourselves and act like we are lucky to hve thi game and pretend its a good game. heck when i was a kid i had all kinds of toys. sometimes after the toy broke id still find some fun out of it. its like this game. i gotta say what im playing is total crap but whatever i can find ways to enjoy it since i have nothing else.

i understand how you guys say well the new pitching is cool, gameplay is improved, stop bashing the game. i get it. but take a minute look at the big picture then give your response. 2k deserves everything negative they get for putting out a game 3 years in a row that is well below what they should be putting out. end of story. there is no argument to that. the fact that they had a patch in the works prior to release, and their 3 year plan garbage pretty much makes this a fact.
People will defend this game till the end and i dont know why. It's like people must become lawyers of a game company

I agree with you.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #55
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
Haha are you kidding me. I still try out EA sports games. I love the NHL game and NCAA is decent. MLB could be better, the same thing with the EA games, but the quality of 2Ks games to that of EAs differs drastically.

I just don't get why this article needs to be posted, when for the most part the people of this site like the game. Im sure this article had to be approved by someone, and I just don't see why its necessary.
Are you sure your talking about OS Cause everybody i know thinks this game is horrible. Im glad they posted this. It's only stating the truth, and the fact that 2k owns the 3rd party license gets me even more upset. So it's ok to be the only company making baseball on the 360 and do a very bad job at it?? C-mon bro this is wack
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #56
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Just FYI this won't be the last negative MLB 2K article this week. We have one more that takes it from a different angle. We also have a positive article in the works as well since not the entire staff is in agreement on the average quality of the game.

Just thought you guys should know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »