Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #17
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8
Angry Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
While appreciate them doing an article. Its a little lame how much effort has been put towards bashing this game.

Maybe it takes these articles to show people from 2K and EA that we are passionate about the games we buy and we just are NOT going take the pieces of crap they have been dishing out. i give 2k credit for trying to change the way we play the game.. i definitely like using the sticks, but my god, the choppiness makes it unbearable. and no, i wont use the profile fix. i pay hard earned money to play on xbox live, and i feel this game should work with it...hands down no excuses....
Old 03-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #18
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac910
Wow, another rip on 2k8? Shame on OS again. This site is going down hill.
Maybe its 2K that is going downhill, not OS.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #19
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

"front end is lously and dull"
-what do you want them to do? i kind of like it with the player backgrounds and the player cards, it could be better (i loved ASB04s) but its not lously or dull

"still had to wait til opening day to until opening day to download an up to date roster"
-there was an update available right away that makes the rosters for sure playable and up to date, want more? than yes wait until MLB changes their rosters so 2k can come up with a new one

"commentary was exactly the same"
-jon miller & joe morgan last year is still better than any other baseball game commentary this year (and still better than a lot of other sports games) if i ain't broke don't fix it

"lineup card"
-yeah its small but u should be able to see it on 42" idk how u can't. sometimes i play on a 20 inch n i can use it. anyways u know which are ur players in and whats the dugout and when its zooms in u can easily read it, otherwise go to the pause menu[/quote]

Dude, if you honestly think they are "hall of fame" broadcasters, then i want to try what you are smokin on!!! they are HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! i'm not a sony guy at all, honestly, i just use my PS3 as a dvd/blu ray player, but the show has BY FAR better presentation.. this has actually been the low point for any 2K franchise.. presentation has always been an opportunity for 2k.

The rosters out now from 2k still have Johan on the Twins, so yeah, i would say he has to wait for an up to date roster..

most game menus always look dull.. i would much rather them polish the game instead of the game menus themselves..just my opinion..

i game on a 50 sony and i still think they lineup cards font is pretty small.. you can barely see them without zooming in.. i think that might have been the point though.. most managers are kinda old, hence bad eye sight..
Old 03-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

The game is 60$ ....I mean....it's not 900$.

You guys have never paied 60$ to see a boring ball game ? Did you ask a refund even though on tv all the previews let you think that all games are awesome ?

I think people should stop bashing the game.

I dont remeber any 2k sports guy putting a gun to my head.

Any of us could have rented the game before buying it.

Last edited by bullpen; 03-20-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #21
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

I just don't think the game is as bad as people are saying it is. Its not perfect, but its definately solid.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #22
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullpen
The game is 60$ ....I mean....it's not 900$.

You guys have never paied 60$ to see a boring ball game ? Did you ask a refund even though on tv all the previws let you know that all games are awesome ?

I think people should stop bashing the game.

I dont remeber any 2k sports guy putting a gun to my head.

biggest point i can make to that, is we are in a recession here in the US... some people dont have great paying jobs.. some people could barely afford their consoles... so $60 to me, could mean a whole lot more than $60 to you. you might live comfortably, but some of us arent so lucky...
Old 03-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
biggest point i can make to that, is we are in a recession here in the US... some people dont have great paying jobs.. some people could barely afford their consoles... so $60 to me, could mean a whole lot more than $60 to you. you might live comfortably, but some of us arent so lucky...
The more reason to rent the game before spending 60$.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #24
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Let's see, the things he touches on in this article, in order, are...

- Dull presentation
- The commentary is repetitive
- Lack of new replays and cut scenes
- Hard to read batter card
- Throws in that he likes 2K Beats

It takes the author until the NINTH paragraph to even mention the game play. NINTH! And outside of a brief paragraph discussing pitching and the fact that it "takes too long to do" he summarizes the game play as...

Quote:
There is a better variety of hits which is nice, along with the new fielding mechanic being sound.
A few sentences on the pitching interface and then the above quote is all he has to say about the entire gameplay package in this game. That's it?!

I'm sorry, but this could possibly be the worst article I have ever seen posted on this site. I've said it a hundred times on this site, everyone complained last year that the gameplay was what need to be fixed from 2K7. So 2K goes out and does that and now every tears the other aspects of the games to shreds. Brutal.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »