Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #9
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
.... .... ....
/agree

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 03-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac910
Wow, another rip on 2k8? Shame on OS again. This site is going down hill.
Is it OS or is it 2K baseball...think about it. Why are they "picking on" this game.

The article hit on it so well. With all that he didnt even mention frame rate. But anyway, I dont think ANYONE should get their money back.

At this point 2K baseball makes bad game more consistly than good games., so anyone who bought it without getting a review or without reading the boards was foolish. You could smell this coming a mile away. That is why many paid $460 to have more choices

Last edited by maverick3176; 03-20-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's hard to over-emphasize how terrible this game is. Here is some background from where I'm coming from: the only reason whatsoever that I have a console is because post-MVP '05, no more baseball games were made for the PC. I couldn't even get roster updates. And I must say, if I *could* get a roster update for that game, it would be hands down better than this piece of garbage.

So I started with 2k6, which was horrible. But they made some general improvements in 2k7, which made me mildly encouraged for 2k8. But wow, I've never seen such a regression in any sequel, let alone a sports game.

In a word, the game is unplayable. This is a goddamn console; you shouldn't have to deal with a frame-rate that reduces the game to a literal slide-show at least 75% of the time. What's even more impressive is that despite the horrendous frame-rate -- and, yes, even with the so-called profile "fix" -- the graphics are somehow manifestly worse than 2k7. Even the menu system is blurry and unclear. I thought there might be something wrong with my monitor, but when I fired up NHL 08, all of a sudden all was right with the world -- and at smooth frame-rate to boot.

Honestly, I'd rather they cancelled this year's edition and released a roster update for 2k7 than have released this monstrosity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #12
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac910
Wow, another rip on 2k8? Shame on OS again. This site is going down hill.
While appreciate them doing an article. Its a little lame how much effort has been put towards bashing this game.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 03-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomepatrol
It's hard to over-emphasize how terrible this game is. Here is some background from where I'm coming from: the only reason whatsoever that I have a console is because post-MVP '05, no more baseball games were made for the PC. I couldn't even get roster updates. And I must say, if I *could* get a roster update for that game, it would be hands down better than this piece of garbage.
Um, you can get roster updates for MVP '05 on the PC. Check out www.mvpmods.com.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Um, you can get roster updates for MVP '05 on the PC. Check out www.mvpmods.com.
I did that for a while, and it was actually kind of cool. But it's an imperfect solution, particularly since it's mostly a hack of a game not designed for wide-spread user modification. On the other hand, it's better than 2k8k, so go figure.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
While appreciate them doing an article. Its a little lame how much effort has been put towards bashing this game.

The bashing is totally warranted with MLB 2K8... Bad commentary, terrible framerate, dull graphics; definitely a step back from 2K7....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 11
I hope they bash Madden like this when it comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »