Home

Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

This is a discussion on Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Patrick Williams of Operation Sports wrote an article discussing why he is unhappy with Major League Baseball 2k8 and why he thinks a full refund is in order.

Quote:
"As daylight savings kicks in and the snow begins to melt it's starting to become evident that spring is in the air. And what comes with spring? Baseball. Unfortunately being an XBOX 360 owner leaves me few options when it comes to choosing a baseball game. In fact it leaves me with just one option: MLB 2K8."
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I have my Money Back?

While I'll agree that the atmosphere is dull. The lighting engine makes things seem darker than they should. I'm gonna disagree on Player Models. 2K IMO got them correct this year. They are much more toned down then they were last year. They actually look much closer to their counter parts this year
Old 03-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Amazin's Arena

OVR: 3
I have to disagree that the game is boring and dull. The new Total Control System makes the game a totally new experience from 2K7. If you want a good accurate game of baseball you have to put time into tweaking the sliders as well as other settings. Name a game, any sport, that plays correctly out of the box and please do not tell me The Show because I have it too and it has plenty of flaws which people seem to just bypass for some reason. After playing 2K8 and going back to The Show I find it very stiff and tedious to try and complete nine innings in The Show, but that's just my opinion. Doesn't really sound like you have put very much time or effort into 2K8 which is a shame. Have fun with GTA while I enjoy a great baseball season.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Well said Patrick. This was a good read and you make very solid points.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15
boring and dull? i think that this game got the feel of baseball down the best, it may seem "boring or dull" to some people but to me this is what a baseball game should be like. Everything that i want to do i can with no problems, I think you guys need to not have such a negative outlook on the games, its better than last year for sure so if u played a whole season last year than what isn't there to like about playing another season with the improvements they added. Don't give me its just a roster update excuse there are countless improvements over last year, makes the game that much better.

"front end is lously and dull"
-what do you want them to do? i kind of like it with the player backgrounds and the player cards, it could be better (i loved ASB04s) but its not lously or dull

"still had to wait til opening day to until opening day to download an up to date roster"
-there was an update available right away that makes the rosters for sure playable and up to date, want more? than yes wait until MLB changes their rosters so 2k can come up with a new one

"commentary was exactly the same"
-jon miller & joe morgan last year is still better than any other baseball game commentary this year (and still better than a lot of other sports games) if i ain't broke don't fix it

"lineup card"
-yeah its small but u should be able to see it on 42" idk how u can't. sometimes i play on a 20 inch n i can use it. anyways u know which are ur players in and whats the dugout and when its zooms in u can easily read it, otherwise go to the pause menu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
Banned

DannyMac910's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Patrick Williams: Can I Have My Money Back?

Wow, another rip on 2k8? Shame on OS again. This site is going down hill.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin
I have to disagree that the game is boring and dull. The new Total Control System makes the game a totally new experience from 2K7. If you want a good accurate game of baseball you have to put time into tweaking the sliders as well as other settings. Name a game, any sport, that plays correctly out of the box and please do not tell me The Show because I have it too and it has plenty of flaws which people seem to just bypass for some reason. After playing 2K8 and going back to The Show I find it very stiff and tedious to try and complete nine innings in The Show, but that's just my opinion. Doesn't really sound like you have put very much time or effort into 2K8 which is a shame. Have fun with GTA while I enjoy a great baseball season.
the amount of offline lag and choppiness is enough for anyone to not have any fun. owning a hdtv and this game is painful on the eyes...
Old 03-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
Owning a hdtv and this game is painful on the eyes...
.... .... ....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »