Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #1841
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I haven't seen that option in this year's game. Do you remember where it is?

I dont see it anywhere..i guess we are stuck with it grrrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #1842
MVP

Also, is there no way to see how often you throw a particular pitch? Last year you could, but I havent figured out how to do it in this one, if you can.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #1843
Rookie

OVR: 2

The World Series celebration is new and very cool, it lasts about 2-3 minutes. The players receive the actual trophy, and the World Series MVP receives his trophy. New audio from the Joe and John. At least I think this is new, I don't remember it from 2k7.

It was an awesome game. I (Seattle) beat the Dodgers 2-0 in game 7, in LA. Felix Hernandez had a CG, 1 hit, 1 BB, 10 SO. Clay Billingsley pitched for LA, 7.2 IP, 5H, 2R, 4 BB, 5 K. My two runs came on an Atkins HR and a Jose Lopez double.

This game's really grown on me. After the learning curve and the struggle to find good sliders I love how it plays.

Last edited by tswells; 03-10-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #1844
MVP

Ive had to adjust the AI batting a little. The 1 thing 2k seems to insist on having the CPU do, is hit these absurd cannon shots. There are times when the CPU can ONLY score on homeruns. I'm not talking HR's on mistake pitches, or trying to get cute and attempting to sneak something into a guy's hot zone on a 2-0 count.

I'm talking about the perfectly placed ball on the black with 2 strikes that is golfed 400 out to the deepest part of the park by guys like Mike Cameron.

Now this happens now and again, but in this game it seems to happen-major leaguers are going to beat your best pitch ocassionally. I like that you cant just pound a guy's cold zone all game long, like you could on MVP.

However, in this game, the absurd cpu rocket shot happens on average, once a game. Ive played 9 games in my franchise and I'm giving up a homerun a game on average. There isnt a homer hit in every game a team plays. That just isnt realistic
Old 03-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #1845
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Ive had to adjust the AI batting a little. The 1 thing 2k seems to insist on having the CPU do, is hit these absurd cannon shots. There are times when the CPU can ONLY score on homeruns. I'm not talking HR's on mistake pitches, or trying to get cute and attempting to sneak something into a guy's hot zone on a 2-0 count.

I'm talking about the perfectly placed ball on the black with 2 strikes that is golfed 400 out to the deepest part of the park by guys like Mike Cameron.

Now this happens now and again, but in this game it seems to happen-major leaguers are going to beat your best pitch ocassionally. I like that you cant just pound a guy's cold zone all game long, like you could on MVP.

However, in this game, the absurd cpu rocket shot happens on average, once a game. Ive played 9 games in my franchise and I'm giving up a homerun a game on average. There isnt a homer hit in every game a team plays. That just isnt realistic
Dont mean to quote myself but I am now indecisive...Im not sure if my recent rash of getting bombed is just one of those things that is going to even out over playing 162 games and playing the ocassional power line up or not(dang phillies)..because I have had games where I have thrown gems, and Billy Wagner has been completely lights out closing, through 10 games..hmmm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #1846
Banned

OVR: 9

Unfortunately I am having the best luck as far as almost no gameplay stutter at all, playing on my RCA 27 inch standard tv. It's a little fuzzy, but still looks real good, as far these graphics are concerned. Hope to switch back to my HDTV when the patch hits.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:54 AM   #1847
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Dont mean to quote myself but I am now indecisive...Im not sure if my recent rash of getting bombed is just one of those things that is going to even out over playing 162 games and playing the ocassional power line up or not(dang phillies)..because I have had games where I have thrown gems, and Billy Wagner has been completely lights out closing, through 10 games..hmmm
In addition, last year Major League teams averaged a little OVER 1 homerun per game, so thats not unrealistic at all.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:04 AM   #1848
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Does this game have any cool cut scenes added from last year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »