Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #1657
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

Something that is really starting to worry me is that despite maxing out the CPU take sliders, they are still hacking at EVERYTHING in the strikezone.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #1658
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsui
Now it's starting to make sense. I was wondering why some were saying the graphics look awful. Must be a PS3 thing.
No it looks awful on the 360 as well...Graphics are bad but it looks more sharper then last years..
Old 03-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #1659
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
No it looks awful on the 360 as well...Graphics are bad but it looks more sharper then last years..
Art, do you have both games...i think i might give this game a shot(rental) this weekend. i saw some cats playin' this game @ gamestop, it really didn't look bad or unplayable, but this was on the 360. the pitcher/batter interface looked like it would be a blast. i DIG some of the stuff in this series, but The Show is over the top man. sorry fellaz.

looks like everybody will be in baseball nirvana this year!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #1660
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtigers63
Good to hear Knight, my copy from gamefly should be waiting when I get home tonight. Are you playing the PS3 version? If so how bad is the frame rate issue in your opinion? There are some things that have me very intrigued about this game to say the least. Thanks for posting your thoughts.
I got this one for the 360.
I wouldn't want to soil my PS3 with anything except Jesus in a box
...yeah...the framerate was pretty friggin' bad....
I haven't got back to a game with 2K8 yet...I've been busy with something else....but I'll get another game at least in tonight.
2K has a nice base with this game...it just needs a few more facets polished IMO.
I need more time with the new gameplay mechanics(I am terrible to begin with )....

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #1661
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I got this one for the 360.
I wouldn't want to soil my PS3 with anything except Jesus in a box
...yeah...the framerate was pretty friggin' bad....
I haven't got back to a game with 2K8 yet...I've been busy with something else....but I'll get another game at least in tonight.
2K has a nice base with this game...it just needs a few more facets polished IMO.
I need more time with the new gameplay mechanics(I am terrible to begin with )....

M.K.
Knight165

Yeah I know what your up to and a lot of us thank you for it. I'll fire it up tonight and go straight to franchise and see about roster control, that and the minor league stadiums are what peeks my curiosity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #1662
Rookie

OVR: 1

Besides the framerate issue i love the game oh and also the little test i thought i needed glasses.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #1663
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Just had a great game vs the Cubbies at Wrigley.. you can hear sirens from police vehicles and horns from tractor trailers at times during the game... pretty neat.

Pie made a nice catch against the ivy against me that saved Chicago 2 runs.

I'm also seeing tons of hits all over the place, including doubles, triples, and so far the right amount of HR's. I do think the CPU pitches too many strikes, but I think a good slider set will fix up any little issues I'm seeing right now.

I also love the little chime and ticker report showing you who's warming up in the bullpen for the opposing team.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #1664
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
Something that is really starting to worry me is that despite maxing out the CPU take sliders, they are still hacking at EVERYTHING in the strikezone.
Did you immediately bump it that high?

I would avoid that. I've never found a game to work well when a specific slider is bumped all the way up or down.

I wonder if those guys experiencing issues with the AI not throwing balls would try maybe 10-15 clicks up from the left instead of 0-5 clicks.

I bumped take balls and strikes so that they were 20 clicks off the right side of the slider and saw better results.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »