Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #1545
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Played the demo and this game is taking a major step in the wrong direction! Play The Show for 5 minutes and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about!
Theres no need for this in this thread. The Show actually has a forum... and its only 2 clicks away. Give them a shot.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #1546
Pro

OVR: 8

Can you change the camera angle in the demo to aerial cam?

One other question--I see that the Right trigger dives, but how do you jump?

Brian
Old 03-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #1547
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Before the fixing of the framerate, I thought this game was pretty solid

After fixing the framerate...this game is close to being MVP 2005 good IMO

It's so close to being MVP, but there are few aspects that are missing.

MVP seemed to be more fun, and while this one is fun, nothing matches the MVP fun I had. Give 2K time and I think you'll see something even BETTER than MVP 2005.

Right now, after framerate fix, this is an easy 9 out of 10 from me.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #1548
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

The more I play the more I'm loving this game. I hate using Matsuzaka though adds like 15-20 minutes to a game. He's nasty though.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 03-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #1549
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog
Show, Show, Show, Show, Show......

....in a 2k8 thread. Over and over and over again.

I swear to god, do some of you people get paid each time you fellate Sony and their almighty game?

No. But any objective baseball fan will tell you The Show is resembles a baseball game... the same can't be said for MLB 2k8.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #1550
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog
Show, Show, Show, Show, Show......

....in a 2k8 thread. Over and over and over again.

I swear to god, do some of you people get paid each time you fellate Sony and their almighty game?
I'll be honest... I have both games (2K for 360, Show for PS3), and my favorite game is definitely the latter. HOWEVER, that being said, I couldn't agree with you more in regards to how annoying these Show posts get in an MLB 2K8 impressions thread.

Why is it so hard for people to be objective without being biased?

Old 03-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #1551
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are there any downloadable stadiums or roster updates yet?

And could somebody tell me what Kosuke Fukudome's #s are? Or at least RF for the Cubs with the initials KF?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 07:05 PM   #1552
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

I just played a game with the demo, I have mixed impressions

The Good:
1. Analog pitching = the future. I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I nailed a fastball. The great thing is that I wasn't hitting my spots all the time with my pitches, which I've been able to do in every game. Honestly, I don't know if I could go back to regular meter pitching at this point because it seems so boring to me. I didn't think I'd like it but it's a refreshing breath of fresh air.

2. Fielding- awesome. I loved it in MVP and I love it now. Again, I can't go back to simple press the button and let the CPU decide what's going to happen anymore.

3. Lighting- the night games looked really good IMHO. The neon grass could go though.

4. Player models/sig stances- I love the models, they look really good. They nailed the sig stances of the players. I lined a single up the middle with Manny and it was surreal.

The Bad:
1. Meatballs- I'm not opposed to the concept of punishing the user for a bad gesture, but don't make it a fat pitch down the middle. A messed up splitter looks differently than a messed up fastball. That being said, I didn't throw any of them!

2. Grass looks bad, looks like I'm playing on neon-green grass. That's really my only graphical complaint, I definitely don't agree with people that said that this is a noticeable step down from 2K7. Other than the grass, I disagree.

3. Framerate- not gamekilling, but no reason for choppiness at this point in development. They've toned down grass textures and they still get choppiness, not cool.

4. Ambiance/presentation: John and Joe are talking about JD Drew's 2004 season? What? It's time to let go of those two and move on with a fresh booth that can record new lines. Also, I love the crowd chatter but the crowd is way too quiet. They react appropriately, but the scale is not good.

5. Transitional animations are not good- I don't like the start/stop animation for running. It looks way too herky jerky. I did see some very nice animations though elsewhere.

The Meh:
1. I don't like Swing Stick- I've never been a fan of analog batting though, that could be personal preference.

2. CPU swung at way too much stuff, this will hopefully be taken care of with sliders.

Overall, I'm not going to get the game tomorrow or in the near future but that's because I'm playing the hell out of Lost Odyssey right now and I have to start studying for my medical boards . Hopefully, by the time I have more time, the bugs and framerate hiccups will have been addressed permanently. Too bad we don't have a liaison with the 2K LA team anymore...

I can't stress how much I like the pitching. My #1 priority in a game is a good pitching interface and I think this is tops in my experience of any game on the market.

Last edited by Spectre; 03-05-2008 at 07:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »