Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #1529
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
I'm digging the Aerial cam as well

Have you come back around on the game? I remember some of your posts yesterday and you were pretty pissed off at this game.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #1530
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

Presentation: the 2 second pause between the batter cut scene and pitcher camera is horrible.

Graphics: i feel like the player models are the michael jordan cartoon models in tiger woods pc (circa 2001). they just look like sh&t compared to last year which were 10 times better as well as the graphics. the graphics this year have a cartoon look to them unlike last year that was more nba 2k8 than live.

gameplay: love the new pitching, prefer classic throw, undecided on hitting. haven't played enough to comment on variety of hitting (plus still not good enough to give a good opinion). pitching is definitely a lot harder which is more realistic with no more pin pointing pitches.

thus far though...2k7 > 2k8
Old 03-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #1531
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

It's funny. It seems like after a work around was found for the frame rate stutter, there's been no impressions! Is everybody happy now?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #1532
MVP

OVR: 14

Anyone on ps3 likes this better then the show? I have yet to buy either

PSN Brandon26ms
Old 03-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #1533
Rookie

OVR: 5

So, I think I got the hang of the pitching. I finally played a full game, and it went to 10 innings!

I did Mets AAA team (Zephrys) vs Yankees AAA team (Scranton/W-B). I was the Scranton/W-B.

I pitched with Ian Kennedy, and gave up 2 runs with him over 6 innings of work. I was cruising on offense, as I managed to get 5 runs off of Jorge Sosa. Jason Lane and Morgan Ensberg carried the load. I noticed Kennedy's stamina decreasing as the innings progressed, so I took him out for Jonathan Alabadejo, and needless to stay, I stunk it up with Alabadejo, as he gave up 3 runs to allow the Zephrys to tie the game at 5.

The next inning, I brought in Ross Ohlendorf, and he got tossed for hitting a batter (considering I hit 2 batters earlier in the game, so that was pretty cool to see). The game would go on to extra innings.

It was in the bottom of the 10th, where with 2 Outs, I hit a Walk Off Home Run with Jason Lane. Players came running out of the dugout and onto the field. That was cool.

Now that I get the hang of the pitching, and basically the hitting as well, I'm having a blast playing.

2K8, at the moment, is a solid game in my opinion.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #1534
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
It's funny. It seems like after a work around was found for the frame rate stutter, there's been no impressions! Is everybody happy now?
I'm sure to people that were overly concerned with the framerate are now actually enjoying the game. They'll come back and post. Someone else mentioned there should be a separate impression thread now that you can fix the framerate issue.

I bet people are going to start liking the game a lot now.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #1535
Banned

OVR: 3

Any game is “PLAYABLE” the word playable is relative to the person making the statement so what I say is unplayable is specific to me. I think this game is being looked at in a couple different ways. First you have people who have multiple consoles and options when it comes to their baseball fix. That being said anyone playing Sony’s baseball game won’t wast more than 30 minutes on this game. Then you have guys who it seems to me are the eternal optomists and will forgive a company even if they wrapped a piece of doo doo in a box and sold it. I know one thing if EA would have put anything out like this I’d almost guarantee that there would be a far more drastic public outcry of gamers claiming EA wronged them and are greedy, neglectful developers.
fficeffice" />>>
What 2K did IMO is inexcusable…The framerate is terrible and IMO not playable. I didn’t buy a next gen console to experience games that are the visual and gameplay quality of a game that was on Ps2 or Xbox.. One look at the grass tesxtures and overall ambience of the game is a complete turn off for anyone who even cares about visuals in the least bit.
>>
Anyone who encourages someone to buy this game is IMO irresponsible or just doesn’t care about the quality of sports games. If you like the game that’s fine and I can respect anyone who enjoys this sort of game..But to promote anyone buying it with a straight face is quite laughable. 2K tried to do some innovative things but at the end of the day they are failed. The basic nuts and bolts of the game are horrible. The pitching is needlessly difficult and moreover each missed pitch results in a homerun???...I just don’t get that…I don’t mind innovation and something new but this was something that IMO that was simply implemented poorly.
>>
I’m still confused on how a game can look so bad but at the very least not play a smooth 60 fps???...What the heck did they do for a year on this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #1536
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
Any game is “PLAYABLE” the word playable is relative to the person making the statement so what I say is unplayable is specific to me. I think this game is being looked at in a couple different ways. First you have people who have multiple consoles and options when it comes to their baseball fix. That being said anyone playing Sony’s baseball game won’t wast more than 30 minutes on this game. Then you have guys who it seems to me are the eternal optomists and will forgive a company even if they wrapped a piece of doo doo in a box and sold it. I know one thing if EA would have put anything out like this I’d almost guarantee that there would be a far more drastic public outcry of gamers claiming EA wronged them and are greedy, neglectful developers.
fficeffice" />>>
What 2K did IMO is inexcusable…The framerate is terrible and IMO not playable. I didn’t buy a next gen console to experience games that are the visual and gameplay quality of a game that was on Ps2 or Xbox.. One look at the grass tesxtures and overall ambience of the game is a complete turn off for anyone who even cares about visuals in the least bit.
>>
Anyone who encourages someone to buy this game is IMO irresponsible or just doesn’t care about the quality of sports games. If you like the game that’s fine and I can respect anyone who enjoys this sort of game..But to promote anyone buying it with a straight face is quite laughable. 2K tried to do some innovative things but at the end of the day they are failed. The basic nuts and bolts of the game are horrible. The pitching is needlessly difficult and moreover each missed pitch results in a homerun???...I just don’t get that…I don’t mind innovation and something new but this was something that IMO that was simply implemented poorly.
>>
I’m still confused on how a game can look so bad but at the very least not play a smooth 60 fps???...What the heck did they do for a year on this game?
I guess I am in the minority because the game doesn't look that bad for me....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »