Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #1457
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Are you sure you have the batters eye option on?
This option is not on with default settings.
It will still show the circle but the option is off.
Well, this might be good news. How do you turn it on?
Old 03-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #1458
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
Hmm. I'm not having this problem. After getting creamed in my first 2 games, I spent a good hour in that pitching tutorial until I felt good enough to pitch an actual game. First game after that, I struck out 9 in 7 innings with Oliver Perez against the Braves. On 'pro' difficulty, I have yet to goto a higher difficulty... There are plenty of times I throw a fastball on the corner at about 74% gesture and the guy swings and misses. Same with other pitches.
Well honestly I need to edit it alittle i haven't spent too much time against the computer. I am mainly talking from user-user. My friend and I try to throw mostly strikes.. and when doing so no matter the speed or movement if its in the zone you will hit it.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:16 PM   #1459
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
Well honestly I need to edit it alittle i haven't spent too much time against the computer. I am mainly talking from user-user. My friend and I try to throw mostly strikes.. and when doing so no matter the speed or movement if its in the zone you will hit it.
Oh! Then yes I agree. You can really mash everything, once you get the timing down.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:16 PM   #1460
DickDalewood

OVR:

OK, why does the 360 instruction manual tell me I can pull back and release for a contact swing with the swing stick 2.0???

I thought it was just pull back and push forward no matter what this year??

Old 03-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #1461
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I just had a great game. Cleveland @ Detroit(me) with Fausto vs. Dontrelle. Carmona was nasty all game, striking out 13 in 7 innings and only allowing 1 hit. Dontrelle was good, but it was 3-0 Indians going to the bottom of the 9th.

Borowski comes on and proceeds to walk the first two hitters and then hits Granderson. He then walks Polanco to drive in a run. Ordonez hits a soft grounder to 2nd that scores a run and it's 3-2 with runners at 2nd and 3rd. Borowski intentionally walks the next hitter and Sheffield hits a slow tapper to 1B that scores the tying run and puts runners at 2nd and 3rd again. Borowski intentionally walks Guillen to set up a force at any base and Aaron Fultz comes on to face Renteria.

Renteria gets down 0-2 before working it to 2-2, and then hits a very slow bouncer to 3B...Blake comes charging, fields, throws...and it's a high throw that Garko has to stretch for and can't get his foot down. Renteria is safe, runner scores from 3rd..game over with Tigers winning 4-3. Crazy thing...I ended up with only 1 hit on the game and still won helped by 5 walks, 1 HBP, and the error.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #1462
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
OK, why does the 360 instruction manual tell me I can pull back and release for a contact swing with the swing stick 2.0???

I thought it was just pull back and push forward no matter what this year??
It is pull back and forward every time. The guide is wrong. That method is for the classic hit stick (or whatever last years was called)
Old 03-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #1463
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I just had a great game. Cleveland @ Detroit(me) with Fausto vs. Dontrelle. Carmona was nasty all game, striking out 13 in 7 innings and only allowing 1 hit. Dontrelle was good, but it was 3-0 Indians going to the bottom of the 9th.

Borowski comes on and proceeds to walk the first two hitters and then hits Granderson. He then walks Polanco to drive in a run. Ordonez hits a soft grounder to 2nd that scores a run and it's 3-2 with runners at 2nd and 3rd. Borowski intentionally walks the next hitter and Sheffield hits a slow tapper to 1B that scores the tying run and puts runners at 2nd and 3rd again. Borowski intentionally walks Guillen to set up a force at any base and Aaron Fultz comes on to face Renteria.

Renteria gets down 0-2 before working it to 2-2, and then hits a very slow bouncer to 3B...Blake comes charging, fields, throws...and it's a high throw that Garko has to stretch for and can't get his foot down. Renteria is safe, runner scores from 3rd..game over with Tigers winning 4-3. Crazy thing...I ended up with only 1 hit on the game and still won helped by 5 walks, 1 HBP, and the error.
How realistic!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:28 PM   #1464
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

well guys I think I'm done with the game, if that what you wanna call it, I just played another game, I'm on lunch from work, I thought the framerate was ok, but it really bad, plus the game just does not feel like baseball, more like a chore to play, anyway, I'm think I'm selling on eBay soon. I mean the game seems so freaking dark, why I pick play in the day time and the game is dark, just not good, not good at all, I mean I'm having framerate issues in the menu screen, now when I saw this toady, I said wow, good bye 2k.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »