Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #1289
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

First of all of course it'd be nice to play The Show and have more baseball gaming options but some of us don't have PS3s...

Anyways, my impressions...

- Switched back to the pitching from last year since I didn't want to learn the new system just yet.

- Haven't seen a lot of home runs, or robbed home runs for that matter (played multiplayer on Pro...with lots of meat pitches and we didn't see a lot of HRs - maybe we suck, played the CPU on All-Star bunch of times and still didn't see as many HRs as last year.)

- Love the Swing Stick 2.0 being able to send the ball down the line like that is amazing. Base hits feel so rewarding.

- Way more hit variety than last year. I'm seeing doubles from balls hit hard into the gap, opposed to the types of doubles that I saw a lot last year which was deep fly balls off the wall.

- Crowds look like crap compared to last year, don't know what happened there.

- The aerial camera for fielding is sick, can't go back to anything else.

- Rogers Centre finally has the DOME CLOSED! THANK GOD!

- Love throwing to the bases with the stick

- Animations are much better..EXAMPLE: Playing my roommate (him yanks - me jays) I hit a hard ground ball down the third baseline, Arod goes down to attempt to backhand it and the ball hit his glove just slightly and allowed me to reach on the error. It sounds so simple, but it looked very smooth and realistic.

- Don't see the option to have a certain player come out to a certain custom soundtrack song. You can apply a list of songs to a certain stadium for the home team players to come out to.

- Really like the option to customize catchers equipment.

- I think the ball on bat sound is improved, forgot all about it.

- Need to play more games to make a final decision but I'm definitely not regretting purchasing it.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #1290
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

what's the deal with online games?

didn't appear choppy or anything or the ordinary, but I go to swing and I get no response from my hitter. Two more pitchers, two more times he didn't swing even when I told him to. Then I swung early by accident and it was good timing but a foul ball. Seems like there was some mad lag that you couldn't tell just by seeing the game. Anyway, it was unplayable online when I tried because I would time the pitch right and my guy wouldn't swing. Then I would swing very early on purpose and it appeared on time. I hope this gets ironed out because I was hoping to really delve into online play this year.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #1291
Pro

OVR: 8

I just read the very first post about Matt Bloominthal getting an early copy, and it quotes him as saying "the game is silky smooth." That boggles my mind considering how many people are saying it is very choppy and the videos I have seen are choppy to the point of giving me a headache. It almost makes me want to question someone's integrity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #1292
Banned

OVR: 14

i guess all Brinkman cared about was if it played smooth while looking at your trading cards

Last edited by sask3m; 03-04-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #1293
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damanjinx
I dont have the game but what exactly by turning off everything in presentation is doing? Commentary, Ticker ect...?
This is the option that has:

Inning highlights, Player highlights, Cut scenes, etc..etc..etc..

I've also noticed that when I play the game with my HARD DRIVE OFF(360) the game runs very smooth & you can see a difference in the graphics, compared to when I pay with the hard drive on. Very weird
Old 03-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #1294
Rookie

OVR: 5

Anyone get to a point while pitching in a game when your pitcher is feeling intense pressure of sorts and the ball is going all over the screen; hard to control? That happened with me with Hughes at Fenway when Ortiz was up with 2 runners on. I thought that was really cool, hard to get a good pitch down, but realistic considering my control also started to vibrate.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #1295
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
This is the option that has:

Inning highlights, Player highlights, Cut scenes, etc..etc..etc..

I've also noticed that when I play the game with my HARD DRIVE OFF(360) the game runs very smooth & you can see a difference in the graphics, compared to when I pay with the hard drive on. Very weird
I'm going to try this later and see if I get the same result. It also makes sense why a minority of people never had problems, they may not have HDDs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #1296
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Anyone like the trading cards?Haven't heard anyone give their impressions on them.

Which ones have you unlocked?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »