Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #1265
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

A lot hate it and a lot love it...Who's right!!>?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #1266
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeem
you CAN use your own music, I have done this, a warning though. I would not try it if you have a wireless adapter for your 360 and your music resides on your computer. The game becomes unplayable as it takes a while to load the music, i would recommend ripping the music to your hard drive.
How do you get music of your computer into the game
Old 03-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #1267
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
lol, did he take you deep in that game?

Man, I can't wait to play this game!Damn Red Rings Of Death!!!I have The Show 08 to keep me busy, but reading all the impressions on how cool the controlls are, is making me really anxious to play 2k8!
haha Fortunately, no he didn't. But he hit everything I threw at him.. hard, and I pitched outta the zone. Pretty realistic if you ask me.

That sux man. I almost had that problem last year before 2k7 came out. So I almost know how you feel. Definitely check out 2k8! If you are iffy like most about graphics, give it a rent.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #1268
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

over 1,200 posts good or bad theirs something here.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #1269
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Maybe I just don't know what a "smooth" framerate is supposed to look like, or my eyes are just so bad that I can't tell, but I don't see any problems with the framerate. And I'm not "convincing" myself that it isn't that bad, I just flat out don't see anything wrong with it. period.

As to the game, after practicing about 50 pitches in the tutorial, the pitching clicked for me, and I didn't throw one meatball in the game. Now I hit two batters, walked 4 guys, threw 4 ball in in the dirt and had a wild pitch, but no meatballs. The Ump was squeezing me too When you throw a great pitch though, it is F'in sweet. Just after one game, its like the shot stick in the 2k basketball games, I would never want to go back to simple button presses of old.

Hitting is going to be harder for me to get down. I didn't play 2k7, so the step thing is wearing me out, Its probably going to take several(read 20) games for me to get the hang of it, but I like the way its implemented.

Fielding is great, the off line throws being based on use imput is nice. Baserunning is intuitive for a change.

I always turn off the commentary in EVERY sports game, because I feel more immersed hearing the sounds of the game. I cranked up the crowd chatter, umps, and all the other in game sounds, and I'm liking the atmosphere it creates very much.

Since Earl Weaver no baseball game has blown me away, and this game is no exception, but I can tell I'm going to enjoy this game very much, and it will stay in my rotation of games through the summer.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #1270
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Any impressions on the implement of the cards?
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 03-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #1271
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm really diggin the game.

I've only played one game but it was a good one.

Cubs(me) vs. Reds(cpu) I won 6-5

To be honest my two biggest gripes are the frame rate and the atmosphere. Other than that it plays great. Hopefully there is some way to patch the framerate because that would put this games gameplay ahead of The shows by alot.

Cool thing that happened though. Zambrano was pitchin a perfect game through 5 and struck out the last batter of the inning and it cut to a cutscene of him looking at his finger and Pinella came out and he had to leave with finger blisters.

Last edited by ezekiel55; 03-04-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #1272
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

is this the same for a PS3 owner?

We'll guys I have basically CONFIRMED the problem is what I posted before. I took of my 360 HARD DRIVE to see if that would help & it did. The Choppiness & Studdering is basically non-existent. The games plays very fluid. The pause between cut-scenes is still there (looks like that's how it's programmed) but everything else is fine..

Here's hoping a fix will be upon us sooner than later

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »