Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #1249
Rookie

Fatalah's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Heelfan probably hates 2K baseball games because he's got to spend more countless hours tweaking his infamous sliders for us again.

I'm over at mvpmods.com right now, researching MVP '08.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #1250
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8_A
No problem. I had fun playing against the Angels. Guerrero's no joke, I had to pitch extremely careful to him every time he was at bat. I was literally hangin at the edge of my seat, making sure I got the pitch right.
lol, did he take you deep in that game?

Man, I can't wait to play this game!Damn Red Rings Of Death!!!I have The Show 08 to keep me busy, but reading all the impressions on how cool the controlls are, is making me really anxious to play 2k8!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #1251
Rookie

OVR: 4

Where do I post about buying someone's game that they are unhappy with at a discount??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #1252
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
This is the best analogy I have read. It's a fun game, and it does some things well. But it's not polished, and has some issues that take away from it. Still fun to play though. MVP 2003 was much the same for me.

while I 100% agree exactly. my brain is saying wtf. another year of "they have the perfect groundwork to do something great next year" i mean is this it? are we going to do this every year? i enjoy the game and unless some crazy game killing bug comes along ill play this game all baseball season. it just bothers me that after 1 day with the game regardless of how much i like it, im looking to next year already. lol
Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #1253
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2

I think that this game is much better than people are giving it credit for. The framerate thing is overblown IMO. I actually really like the gameplay. I've only played 2 half games, but I'm actually liking this tons more than last years game. I'm playing on the 360.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #1254
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
This is the best analogy I have read. It's a fun game, and it does some things well. But it's not polished, and has some issues that take away from it. Still fun to play though. MVP 2003 was much the same for me.

Tru dat...that's what i'm all about...havin' fun with that said i'm sure i'll enjoy both games!

Anyone played HR Derby yet? is there anything new in that mode? thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #1255
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Started reading this thread around 2 PM at work and finally got through it. OVerall sounds like the gameplay is well done, but could of used a little more time in the oven to really make it the full package.

To comment on the wonderful bickering I just got to read through. Its coming from both sides in this thread. The Show fans are being overly aggressive in bashing this game and talking The Show up. While 2K fans are coming back with very defensive responses that in some way are negative towards the show. For the people saying theres no comparison of this to the Show. Come on.... I played The Show on PS2 and 2K7 on 360 last year. Guessing that The Show was just a graphical upgrade on the PS3. The games arent that far apart. Both have pros and cons.

We need to get the thread back on track towards the title though so I'm gonna sit back and wait til I'm out of work to play and post what I've taken from the game. Fingers crossed that I don't need to play baseball on my PS2 again.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #1256
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
while I 100% agree exactly. my brain is saying wtf. another year of "they have the perfect groundwork to do something great next year" i mean is this it? are we going to do this every year? i enjoy the game and unless some crazy game killing bug comes along ill play this game all baseball season. it just bothers me that after 1 day with the game regardless of how much i like it, im looking to next year already. lol
I totally agree with you. I wasn't attempted to make an excuse for 2k. I was just pointing out how I see it.

I totally agree, I am getting tired of the "The ground work is there, just next year will be the year" as well as you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »