Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #1097
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Played my 1st game (360) and, at least from my point of view, all the talk of the stuttering problems are WAAAAYYY overblown.

Was is buttery smooth? No. But I hardly even noticed it while playing the game even after reading everything on here.

I liked how it played for the most part. Like everyone else has said, the new pitching controls take time to kind of get the hang of. I gave up 6 runs to the Marlins with Oswalt (4 in the 1st inning) but it was because a) me not understanding the controls fully and b) he got tired and I pushed him anyway resulting in some bad pitches. In between though, he was starting to be lights out. I like the difficulty of it because it makes it that much more rewarding when you K someone.

I used classic hitting and only scored a run on default sliders. Though, I'm not one to be judged on because I've kind of sucked at hitting the last couple of years on 2K.

I didn't think graphically it was that bad. Could it be better? Sure, but I can't complain.

Really, the only thing I can complan about was the post game. It was trying to go through all the replays and cutscenes, etc and it was like watching a dirty DVD, pausing every couple of seconds.

Overall, after one game mind you, I'm enjoying it and looking forward to delving into the franchise.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #1098
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Hmmm. Girlfriend vs. playing new baseball game? What would you guys choose? For me, let's just say that I am sure glad tonight is not Valentines Day But, I have been married for 13 years and have a child.
Haha, yeah there's not much I can do about that tonight She is about as low-maintenance as they come, but blowing her off to play a video game probably wouldn't sit very well with her. Don't worry though, I already let her know that Friday and Saturday a controller will be glued to my hand, and she's okay with that.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #1099
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived
Can anyone shed some light on the sac-fly issue. Has there been a situation where you would like to hit one, but you didn't
I had one opportunity to hit a sac fly and I did. Don't know if it was luck or my mad skillz.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #1100

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Man...the pitching is a beast. Right now i think i am throwing about 60% meatballs. I am getting rocked. It really adds to the game when you have to really work at the pitching.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #1101
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Can two MLB teams play in a minor league stadium? If so select a minor league stadium for an MLB game and see if the frame rate improves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #1102
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived
Can anyone shed some light on the sac-fly issue. Has there been a situation where you would like to hit one, but you didn't
I grounded out with runners on 2nd and 3rd and one out. But i liked it because it was my fault. I was hacking away at every pitch with my 8 hitter and I grounded a low one. I should have waited for something up in the zone, If i waited for my high pitch and still grounded out, I would have been pissed.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #1103
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
Played my 1st game (360) and, at least from my point of view, all the talk of the stuttering problems are WAAAAYYY overblown.
Really? don't have it yet but it sounds quite lethal. Are you using SD or HD
Old 03-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #1104
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Can two MLB teams play in a minor league stadium? If so select a minor league stadium for an MLB game and see if the frame rate improves.
Good idea. Can someone check?? thks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »