Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #1073
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathrowback
My game won't start for the PS3, I start it up and after the PS3 logo I hear a beep and then a black screen?HELP
Ouch, Talk about a dagger to the heart
Old 03-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #1074
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Yes, I remember that discussion. Maybe the PS3 version's framerate is better? Which system was it designed on this year?
Oh, nevermind, just read the PS3 framerate is worse. What is up with that?
Old 03-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #1075
Rookie

OVR: 4

Reading the impressions threads for both The Show and 2k8 are killing me, seeing as I am staying over by my girlfriend tonight and won't get the chance to play either game until tomorrow. I have been addicted to these forums for the past few days reading the impressions from those who got the game early. I am ready to play! I hate all of you

Anyway, even with all of the negative responses, 2K8 sounds like a pretty solid game to me. Sure it's going to have its flaws, but most of the complaining so far (ie: framerate, presentation) are issues that don't concern me very much. Not that I don't want those issues to be fixed as this is a next-gen game, but I've always been a guy that was primarily concerned with gameplay. And most of the *impressions* that I have been reading have praised the gameplay, more specifically the pitching and the fielding. I am extremely excited to try these new features, as they are innovative and will make the game more challenging, even when you get used to the controls.

Everyone knows The Show is a great game. I am fortunate enough that my roommate has a PS3 upstairs and I have a 360 downstairs, so I will have the ability to play both games this year and am not limited to just one of these games. But for those that don't have a PS3, it sounds as if 2K8 is going to be a really solid option for you this year if you're looking for good gameplay.

Again, I haven't played the game yet, but that's just my opinion from reading the impressions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #1076
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
My game won't start for the PS3, I start it up and after the PS3 logo I hear a beep and then a black screen?HELP
Should have gotten The Show.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #1077
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Mine does the same thing. Just start hitting buttons. I know thats weird but it works, If you dont it will just sit there. No problems after that.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #1078
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Hope its not your PS3. It may be your disc. Blu-Ray packs a lot on the same space as a DVD.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #1079
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i just got home and tried to play a game. the framerate issue is bad. i have a samsung plasma hdtv running at 720p. i have it connected to the vga port rather than hdmi.

i cannot believe the framerate problem. it clearly happens in the infield on any play. it even starts in the cut scenes of the hard ball central intro. i turned off some features like the ticker and noticed a very slight improvement.

if i was MLB properties i would be pissed. yeah they can fix it, but only for those on xbox live. otherwise, you are screwed. i will try a different camera angle, but it is really stupid. there seems to be a white flash around the human batters right before the stutter.

i may have wasted $60.00.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #1080
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

I was going to buy this for the PS3 but I noticed on the back of the box that it only says 720p which I assume means it doesn't run at 1080i/1080p. The back of the box for the Xbox 360 says it runs at 1080p. This is a pretty big difference between the two for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »