Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #1033
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

I don't know if it could be done in a patch, I know they improved CHoops 2k8's gameplay, but I'm not sure if they can address something like this in a patch. It depends on what the problem really is, but it seems like it's due to partly to the stadiums? Maybe the stadiums are taking up too much memory which causes issues when it needs to load the players in the infield?? Seems logical if you can play in minor league stadiums without hiccups..

I'll have to turn the ticker off and clear my cache..
Old 03-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #1034
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Reading plenty of "Show is much better..." comments. Does anyone

Pitching is hard, but I like it. Framerate sucks but it is playable. If you play with Aeriel Cam, there is no issue

Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #1035
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I'm not sure if choppiness could be fixed in a patch. If there's an errant line of unoptimized code, then maybe. But if this is an inherent problem with 2K8's engine, I think we'll be out of luck.

I look forward to Kush's feedback once he posts his impressions.

If the problems are this prevalent, this also does not bode well for the series in general. There's word the MLB has already been frustrated with the quality of the product/series.

I wonder if the MLB has an "out" clause in the licensing contract?
If I was Kushgamer I would lay low for a bit lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #1036
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Does the PS3 support custom soundtracks? Seriously - I've looked for the past 15 minutes and cannot find how to do it on my PS3.

Me neither..can't figure it out.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #1037
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barky
who has played both games feel the analog controls in 2K8 make it more fun to play than the Show (aside from the apparent stuttering issues)? Personally, I'm guessing I will prefer 2K8 if the pitching is as fun as is being reported, and I think I would quickly get bored with the old simple pitching, throwing, etc. controls. What makes The Show so great (serious question - I've never played it)? Thanks for any responses.
I have had both games in the past and now, but haven't played much of the new ones. In my opinion, The Show is a very good sim like experience, but lacks a little bit of excitement for me for some reason, so I find myself playing some 2k baseball too. But, I always end up going back to the Show. I have not played this years Show since I just got it today, and I was excited to try out the new pitching system on 2k. Hopefully this years Show will have more excitement. The excitement in the Show had more to do with the sim situations I would get into when I would get deep into playing my franchise. But, for some reason, for me, last years show would get a little boring for me at times. Maybe it was the lack of presentation, and the PS2.5 graphics it had last year.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #1038
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
pretty damn close to perfect.
That's because you actually enjoy classic controls. I played 15 years of classic controls. I'm sick of them. I haven't bought a baseball game since MVP 05 (was a huge High Heat fan before it).

I rather just play OOTP if I play classic.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #1039
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barky
who has played both games feel the analog controls in 2K8 make it more fun to play than the Show (aside from the apparent stuttering issues)? Personally, I'm guessing I will prefer 2K8 if the pitching is as fun as is being reported, and I think I would quickly get bored with the old simple pitching, throwing, etc. controls. What makes The Show so great (serious question - I've never played it)? Thanks for any responses.
Thats huge for me too. I dont like the pitching in the show. Its from Tiger woods 95 hitting a golf club. It got boring fast for me. Next gen is to try something innovative. Do something different. IMO the show doesnt do that. Thats a huge no no for me.

Like i said, this is the next gen. Try to be innovative. I can overlook a few gripes if they are really trying to make the game a better experience.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #1040
Rookie

OVR: 6

Are there September call ups

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »