Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #977
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalah
Can someone explain how to bat to me? How do I aim my hit by only using the right-analog stick?
As you push up to swing. move the bat slightly L to hit the ball to the L side of the field, R to the R side of the field. You can't influence fly balls or groundballs.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #978
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray
I can't beleive how disappointed I am with this game! I've been waiting for this game for months and as you can notice, I'm on here writing instead of playing! The game isn't even fun! The homeruns are still in there, the framerate is horrible, and even playing on a 50" tv I can't see the damn menus! Get rid of those damn wind blown shirts and FIX THE FRAMRATE! This game should be recalled, just like when there's a problem with your car. Where's Ben now! Is he still trying to promote this crap! You need to scrap this crap and start all over! Sorry, but I'm pissed!
Is your 50" tv in HD?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #979
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

LOL @ people bitching endlessly about the framerate issues. There are ZERO problems when pitching or hitting. A few w. throws similar to 2K7 but I can't believe someone would not buy this game because of that.

Anyway....

First pitch a threw was a meatball hit for a HR. Second pitch was the same, another HR. Then I caught Big Papi looking on a low-and-away 2-seamer for the K!

The throw meter is cool as hell so far and the swing stick seems much better.

Also, as for the graphics, they are amazing IMO and anyone who thinks they're worse than last year needs to pop in 2K7. I was playing 2K7 quite a bit the last two weeks and this game is definitely an improvement graphically.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #980
DickDalewood

OVR:

Well, I picked it up just to have a second option on PS3... and WOW... what happened???

I realllllly enjoyed last year's effort, but I'm sorry, this is COMPLETE garbage. The frame rate has not once come close to hitting 60 fps... I'm honestly not sure if it's hitting 30.

Big waste of money guys, BIG waste.

PS: From some of the reviews, it sounds like the 360 MAY have slightly better frame rate... anyone able to compare?

Old 03-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #981
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz5
HEXUS.gaming reports that a cache clear code has been discovered for the Xbox 360 hard drive via the dashboard's system blade. To perform the function, access 'memory' in the system blade, and then highlight the hard drive. Now press: Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X. The following message should appear: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"
but what does this do??? I play a lot of games and have a lot of game saves...will this ruin them? it must do something or it wouldn't be there no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #982
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray
I can't beleive how disappointed I am with this game! I've been waiting for this game for months and as you can notice, I'm on here writing instead of playing! The game isn't even fun! The homeruns are still in there, the framerate is horrible, and even playing on a 50" tv I can't see the damn menus! Get rid of those damn wind blown shirts and FIX THE FRAMRATE! This game should be recalled, just like when there's a problem with your car. Where's Ben now! Is he still trying to promote this crap! You need to scrap this crap and start all over! Sorry, but I'm pissed!
You know, this is why some of us tell others here to RENT FIRST before rushing out and buying it day one. It's your fault, sorry.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #983
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
but what does this do??? I play a lot of games and have a lot of game saves...will this ruin them? it must do something or it wouldn't be there no?
it won't do anything to your game saves. It takes about 3 seconds too.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #984
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

So by clearing the cache the frame rate improves? Seriously? Or is it a stab in the dark..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »