Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #177
Pro

Trapper700's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
A little off topic but it still goes with the lineup bug. I was playing MLB Power Pros today, also made by 2K, and I did a fantasy draft in my franchise. I go to play my first game and guess who's batting lead-off for the cpu? None other than David Wright!

I started thinking and yes he's great contact and a little speed but come on, lead-off? I'm starting to think that 2K is having some problems with the cpu's lineup decisions. I'm getting pretty concerned and I'm kinda mad you can only adjust there lineup before a game. This really getting old.
OT, but just fyi, 2k didn't "make" mlb power pros. konami did. so whatever lineup problems you experienced in that game was konami's fault.

2ksports were just the ones who brought the game to the US and published it so that we can even play it here. unfortunately, it's likely the last version we'll see in the US due to the poor sales.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #178
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I doubt-it Sky.. I also heard him starting in the pen & then going down to the minors to throw starter innings somewhat after the All-Star game. Personally I hope they keep him in the bullpen & groom him to be Mariano's succesor
That's what I was hoping as well.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #179
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I don't like to attack anyone, but I'm sick and tired of the attacks on this game when we haven't even played a demo yet.
Well, people won't "attack" it (I don't look at it that way), if people don't blindly praise a game they haven't even played. Two way street.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #180
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Well, people won't "attack" it (I don't look at it that way), if people don't blindly praise a game they haven't even played. Two way street.
There's a difference in being disappointed something isn't in the game you wanted and posting with some intelligence vs posting that 2k sucks and what not... you get what I mean.

After the game comes out, I'm sure we'll see plenty of negativity... happens every year no matter the title, but some people are not even giving 2k8 a chance, that's all I'm saying.

Maybe I'm bias on producers like Brinkman and those who are generally concerned with their product, see SCEA as well.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #181
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
There's a difference in being disappointed something isn't in the game you wanted and posting with some intelligence vs posting that 2k sucks and what not... you get what I mean.

After the game comes out, I'm sure we'll see plenty of negativity... happens every year no matter the title, but some people are not even giving 2k8 a chance, that's all I'm saying.

Maybe I'm bias on producers like Brinkman and those who are generally concerned with their product, see SCEA as well.
my thoughts exactly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #182
Banned

Quote:

What is "their" product. Many of "The Show" guys buy both games, but get jumped as soon as there might be a comparison. The fanboys here are just as bad as someone who mentions The Show, gasp. A bunch of arguing back and forth and jumping on one another.
Not even fun to post here, and it should be.

So you want just "praising"? The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I b#tched so much about The Show not having full roster control (even got into with the Devs in PM), but it made it into the game. It's my $60, and I'll complain about stuff I see. Not my fault that this game hasn't gotten out more info for the fans.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #183
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
What is "their" product. Many of "The Show" guys buy both games, but get jumped as soon as there might be a comparison. The fanboys here are just as bad as someone who mentions The Show, gasp. A bunch of arguing back and forth and jumping on one another.
Not even fun to post here, and it should be.

So you want just "praising"? The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I b#tched so much about The Show not having full roster control (even got into with the Devs in PM), but it made it into the game. It's my $60, and I'll complain about stuff I see. Not my fault that this game hasn't gotten out more info for the fans.
Can you read? I'm talking about PRODUCERS of games like MLB 2k and The Show. You can tell both care about their title. Same as EA Canada and the NHL series.

People get tired of hearing about the show in the MLB 2k8 forum, and vice-versa for The Show forum. If I want information on The Show, I visit that forum.

NO I don't want just "praising", but bitching about things like how the CPU AI controls its rosters is pure speculation until the game is released. You want to bitch about not being able to adjust cpu lineups, then say so, but say so with some intelligence.

I know you gripe and praise both games, but you do it in a way that doesn't make some of us want to hit the power button on our pc's.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #184
Banned

Quote:
Can you read?
Uh, that's enough from you man. I'm not some punk off the street. Nice you can sit behind a computer monitor and post crap like that, and your "idiot" comment. Make you feel brave? You've proven my point.

Later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »